Last updated on: October 2nd, 2023
Legal Alabama Sports Betting
Alabama sports betting is not regulated but residents still have options. Using a legal sports betting site accepting Alabama players is within your rights. Simply, there are no Alabama sports betting laws making online sports betting illegal. The same is for the opposite: there are no regulations for legal Alabama sports betting. With strong fan bases and dominant CFB programs, betting on sports in Alabama is common. It is no surprise the legal sports betting market is so hungry for Alabama faithfuls.
- Senator Greg Albritton proposed the most recent Alabama sports betting bill in 2022. The measure, SB 293, never received a second reading.
- No land-based sportsbooks in Alabama exist. But legal online sportsbooks for Alabama residents continue to provide services.
Is Bovada Legal In Alabama
Yes, Bovada is legal in Alabama and one of the top Alabama sports betting sites. This is generally the first question people ask after wondering is sports betting legal in Alabama. But, Bovada is able to offer odds via the free trade agreement. Licensed overseas, Bovada remains unaffected by US regulations. This means Bovada is able to accept Alabama residents as it continues to provide legal odds on all major and minor sports. No one has ever faced persecution for betting on sports at Bovada in Alabama.
Bovada is one of the best sportsbooks in Alabama for betting on a variety of sporting events. Whether you are looking to cash in betting on the Super Bowl or the March Madness tournament, Bovada is a great option. Bovada accepts Alabama players, regardless of where they are located in the state.
- Highly Regarded
- Great Bet Builder
- Enormous Wager Volume
- Live betting
- Mobile wagering
How To Bet On Sports In Alabama With BetOnline
Alabama bettors can easily bet on the go with BetOnline. BetOnline is accessible on most smartphones and tablets and players do not need to download an app to get in on the action. BetOnline’s full library of betting options is available from the web browser of smartphones and tablets.
- Reliable Banking Methods
- Strong Server Connection
- 10+ Year Track Record
- Huge Assortment Of Odds
- No App Mobile Betting
Does Alabama Sports Betting Laws Allow Me To Use MyBookie?
Despite Alabama not having regulated betting, MyBookie hosts odds for residents for every major game. With Alabama being a major hub for college football, residents do not want to miss out on betting on the Alabama Crimson Tide during the season. MyBookie has odds for every game throughout the season as well as live betting options during games.
- Huge Player Bonuses
- Consistent Odds
- Easy Interface
- Rapid Live Betting
How To Bet On Sports In Alabama Legally
Online sportsbooks are the only method to legally place bets in Alabama. To do so, local bettors simply need to access the online sportsbook of choice from the main website. This can be done from the web browser of most mobile devices. The signup process for sportsbooks like Bovada is very simple. Local Alabama bettors will simply need to fill in their name, date of birth, phone number, and zip code. Once players are in they will see a few options for funding their betting accounts. Following this, there will be options for bonuses and then players are well on their way to cashing in big at online sportsbooks.
Depositing Into Legal Alabama Sportsbooks
Legal sportsbooks in Alabama accept a wide variety of sports betting deposit methods that offer secure and fast transactions. When using Bovada or BetOnline, crypto and credit cards can fund every player’s bankroll. There are different sportsbook deposit limits for each method used. Also, varying fees attached to each transaction give you a reason to do some research first.
Limits For Deposit Methods At Bovada
- Crypto – $10 min and $5,000 max
- Credit cards – $20 min and $1,500 max
- MatchPay – $20 min and $1,000 max
- Bank Transfer – $50 min and $450 max
Requesting Withdrawals From Legal Sportsbooks In Alabama
Requesting payouts from legal Alabama sportsbooks is as full proof as Dabo’s recruiting plan. There are many different sports betting withdrawal methods offered at BetOnline and Bovada. The most common is crypto, but you must deposit this way to receive payouts this way. Otherwise, you can find sportsbook payouts by check or more.
Limits For Payouts At Bovada
- Crypto – $10 min and $9,500 max per transaction
- Check By Courier – $100 min and $450 max
- MatchPay – $20 min and $1,000 max
- Bank Wire – $1,500 min and $9,500 max
Betting With Crypto In Alabama
Using crypto to bet sports in Alabama is by far the easiest way to go. Not only is it safe and fast, but cryptocurrency betting keeps everything charted. Whether depositing or withdrawing, the steps to transfer crypto at Alabama sports betting sites takes a few seconds. All the top online sportsbooks that accept Alabama residents also accept crypto. Cryptocurrencies allow for anonymity, flexibility, and the option to avoid using credit cards.
Cryptocurrencies Accepted In Alabama
How To Use Crypto For Alabama Sports Betting
- Create an account at a crypto exchange site. Verify your new account by sending an image of your ID to the platform.
- Log into the online sportsbook and visit the deposit page. Select crypto for the deposit method and type in the deposit amount.
- Copy the given wallet address and paste that in your exchange for transferring.
- Wait for the transfer to be complete (usually only takes a few minutes).
Alabama Sports Betting And Gambling Laws
Alabama sports betting laws are in a grey area like DFS used to be. Though its unregulated in Alabama, operators still exist and legally accept action. No specific Alabama law rejects the ability to bet on sports. As for Alabama gambling laws, they go back and forth. They define gambling as any game for financial gain with an element of chance. This is often interpreted as any game of chance, including card games. Although this is true, there are tribal casinos in Alabama. These allow for slots and bingo-style games but there are no table games. Also, there is no national or state lottery participation from Alabama.
Alabama Sports Betting Timeline
Now one of the few states with unregulated sports betting, Alabama continues it quest. But, there is no sign of a positive progression toward regulation. Lawmakers must first convince their colleagues of the legal sports betting benefits. Otherwise, Alabama will continue to miss out on the potential sports betting revenue. Should a bill pass in both the Senate and House then Alabama Governor Kay Ivey would need to sign the bill.
- June 25, 2022: Sen. Greg Albritton discussed sports betting in AL at the 2022 Alabama Press Association Summer Convention, noting that he had a plan, but needed the votes.
- April 7, 2022: The Alabama 2022 legislative session ends without any approval of sports betting.
- March 9, 2022: The Alabama Senate Tourism Committee passes SB 294 and SB 294, proposed by Sen. Greg Albritton.
- March 4, 2022: Sen. Greg Albritton proposes SB 293 and SB 294, bills to regulate both lottery and sports betting in Alabama, in addition to gambling.
- February 23, 2022: The House of Representatives presented HB 405 sponsored by Rep. John Rogers. This bill would allow sports betting in Jefferson County only.
- December 22, 2021: Sen Greg Albritton announces a plan to propose new sports betting bills in the 2022 legislative session.
- May 17, 2021: SB 319 dies in the Alabama Senate after failing to be voted on.
- April 14, 2021: SB 310 passes the Senate, and would need only House passage and a governor’s signature to become law.
- February 2, 2021: HB 199 is pre-filed for the 2021 legislative session by Rep. John Rogers. It would regulate both lottery gameplay and sports betting.
- January 2, 2021: The Senate presents SB 319 and SB 310. Both bills would bring online casino games, regulate sports betting, and establish the Alabama Gaming Commission.
- December 23, 2020: A new study says that regulation of gambling – including sports betting – in Alabama could yield a windfall of up to $700 million.
- June 5, 2020: HB 336 dies in the House Committee without a vote.
- April 4, 2019: Rep. John Rogers files HB 315, which would regulate sports betting in Alabama. Rogers will continue to file similar bills in the upcoming years.
Past Alabama Sports Betting Bills
- In 2019, AL HB 315 failed in committee. AL HB 315 would have created the Alabama Sports Wagering Commission. Taxing sportsbooks at 10%, this bill looked at having both in person and online sports betting.
- 2021 saw another attempt with the introduction of AL HB 161. Similar to AL HB 315, this measure did not change chambers. Ultimately, it died on the House Floor, unable to advance the slightest.
- In 2022, things progressed a little more, but not by much. The Senate pushed AL SB 294 as their Alabama sports betting bill. The House pushed AL HB 405. This would have limited sports betting in Alabama to Jefferson County only. This, like AL SB 294 did not pass.
- Alabama also considered another gambling bill in 2022 by the way of AL SB 293. This was a full gambling bill, looking to legalize commercial casinos and in person sports betting. But, the end of 2022 had similar results as before.
Where’s The Closest Place To Me To Bet?
Being one of the stricter states, there are no land based sports betting options in Alabama. Additionally, Florida sports betting and Georgia sports betting do not offer in person options at this time. In order to bet on sports in AL, you can use any of the online betting sites reviewed on this page. For anyone who is determined to bet on sports in person, Mississippi sports betting locations are a day trip away. Other states with legal sports betting include Tennessee sportsbooks.
Potential Cities With Alabama Sportsbooks
- Murphy, NC
- Cherokee, NC
Alabama Legislative And Gambling Resources
Those looking for more information on Alabama’s gambling laws and regulations can find this at Alabama.gov and at the Alabama legislature. For anyone struggling with gambling addiction or has a family member suffering from problem gambling habits, they can contact the Alabama Council on Compulsive Gambling. The ALCCG has all the resources needed to aid those in need.
Can I Bet Real Money In Alabama?
Betting real money in Alabama is available by using legal online sportsbooks. Without any regulated in-state books, this is the only way for real money sports betting. All the Alabama sports betting sites on this page accept and payout in real money.
- Is DraftKings Legal In Alabama? You cannot use DraftKings Sportsbook in Alabama as they hold no license here. But, you can use DraftKings as a DFS site as long as you are 19+.
- Is FanDuel Legal In Alabama? Similar to DraftKings, there is no sports betting license for FanDuel in Alabama. Still, you can use FanDuel in Alabama as a DFS site at 19 or older.
Alabama’s Potential Sports Betting Revenue
Alabama has not advanced sports betting bills, so it’s hard to guess their industry size. Still, figuring out how much money Alabama would gain from sports betting is possible. Comparable states in size include Delaware, Mississippi and Tennessee. But, based on their regulations, these states all vary in sports betting revenue. Delaware brings in less than $400,000 a month on sports betting, but Tennessee brings in more than $1,000,000 a month. This is solely based on the availability of online sportsbooks in Tennessee. Alabama is more likely to avoid online sports betting like Mississippi. With this, the yearly Alabama sportsbook tax revenue could exceed $5 million.
What Is The Sports Betting Age In Alabama?
Alabama sportsbooks allow bettors to wager who are at least 18 years old. You can access popular legal sportsbooks and start gambling in Alabama as long as you are of age. In short, this is the legal sports betting age and there is now way around it.
Are There Mobile Sports Betting Apps Available In Alabama?
You will not find any Alabama sports betting apps in the IOS or AOS app store. But, there are still legal mobile sports betting sites in Alabama. No download needed, Alabama players can make deposits, place bets, and request payouts. Sports betting apps in Alabama won’t go live until Alabama sports betting regulation happens.
Best Phones For Mobile Betting
- Apple iPhone – The iOS system is one of the most secure and trusted operating systems. It has the ability to run online sportsbooks from the Safari browser or any other browser
Samsung Galaxy – Access your favorite online sportsbooks from the Google browser. There are no restrictions for any betting or deposit types.
Google Pixel – Most Pixel phones run off of the AOS system. This helps give security and trust for legal sports betting in Alabama.
Is Online Sports Betting Safe In Alabama?
Online sports betting is safe in Alabama. But, this is so long as you use the top-rated sportsbooks we recommend. These operators have years of established trust and good payout history. To that, your money, personal information, and betting history are safe. Top sites like Bovada supply a safe betting location for Alabama residents.
What Teams Can I Bet On?
Although there aren’t any professional teams in Alabama, there are still betting options. College football is the king in Alabama so you better believe you’ll find odds on the Tide. If you’re looking for Auburn Tigers betting odds, you’ll find that too! There are a total of 19 different collegiate athletic programs in Alabama. And you can find odds at legal Alabama betting sites for all teams. This includes those out of state and even out of the country.
Popular Alabama Teams
|Alabama A&M Bulldogs and Lady Bulldogs (D-1)||Alabama Crimson Tide (D-1)||Alabama State Hornets and Lady Hornets (D-1)|
|Alabama–Huntsville Chargers (D-2)||Auburn Montgomery Warhawks (D-2)||Auburn Tigers (D-1)|
|Birmingham–Southern Panthers (D-3)||Huntingdon Hawks (D-3)||Jacksonville State Gamecocks (D-1)|
|Miles Golden Bears (D-2)||Montevallo Falcons (D-2)||North Alabama Lions (D-1)|
|Samford Bulldogs (D-1)||South Alabama Jaguars (D-1)||Spring Hill Badgers (D-2)|
|Troy Trojans (D-1)||Tuskegee Golden Tigers (D-2)||UAB Blazers (D-1)|
|West Alabama Tigers (D-2)|
Betting On The NFL In Alabama
Betting on the NFL in Alabama means betting on a team that is outside of state lines. And that’s okay. Popular sportsbooks in Alabama regularly take bets on the Atlanta Falcons, Tennessee Titans, and New Orleans Saints. If those aren’t your teams, you can still find legal NFL betting sites offering other bets. In fact, the amount of Alabama and Auburn players in the league make player prop betting fun. This gives Alabama bettors a reason to have a wager on a game. Along with the regular season, betting on the Super Bowl is another popular way to get in on the action in Alabama.
Can I Bet On March Madness In Alabama?
Brandon Miller may be out of college but college basketball betting sites are not going anywhere in Alabama anytime soon. With Bruce Pearl at Auburn and Nate Oats at Alabama, it seems Alabama is becoming a basketball state. Regardless, Alabama players are accepted at a variety of legal March Madness sportsbooks that offer future odds for hometown or any other teams. The games happen quick, so make sure to sign up ahead of time. Otherwise, you’ll miss betting the First Round and miss out on half the Tournament games.
Betting On The Alabama Crimson Tide
The Alabama Crimson Tide football program has been one of the most dominant in the country over the last decade having won six national championships since 2009. In that span, if you were to bet on them to win the title each time, you would be up $2,900 even after accounting for your losses. Along with future odds, legal college football betting sites accept game lines, game props and even player props on the Tide.
Horse Racing Betting In Alabama
As an old tradition, legal horse racing betting has been around longer than putting peanuts in Coca Cola in Alabama. The offshore online sportsbooks like BetOnline and Bovada also serve as racebooks and take bets on horse races happening all over the world. It is completely legal for people in the Heart of Dixie to wager on these races. But the biggest race of all that receives the most action is the Kentucky Derby.
Daily Fantasy Sports In Alabama
Alabama used to be very strict against DFS regulations. In 2016, Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange declared daily fantasy sports illegal. At the time, both FanDuel and DraftKings pulled operations out of Alabama. But, a few years later, Alabama legislators moved forward with regulations, allowing legal DFS sites to accept AL players. In 2019, Representative Kyle South introduced AL HB 361. Making its way through the House and Senate, Governor Kay Ivey signed the bill into law. Slightly different than legal Alabama sports betting sites, Alabama players love playing college football DFS.
Alabama Online Poker
Playing poker in Alabama doesn’t have to be in person only. While Alabama poker rooms can be fun, using an online sportsbook is so much easier. These legal betting sites offer poker rooms for cash games, tournaments, and more. Find any type of poker online, from Caribbean to Hold ‘Em, Stud and others. Look into the Alabama poker betting bonuses. These are great ways to get free tournament entries.
Alabama Online Slot Machine Games
- A Night With Cleo
- Clash Of Queens
- Mr. Leprechaun
- Buffalo Bounty
- Jackpot Jam
- Primal Wilderness
Alabama Digital Table Games
- Pai Gow Poker
- Let It Ride
- Hi Lo
Alabama Live Dealer Games
- Super 6
Legal Alabama Sports Betting FAQs
Will I Get Arrested For Sports Betting In Alabama?
Sports betting in Alabama is not regulated within the state However, a legal form of wagering is to use the top online sportsbooks that accept Alabama residents. All other forms can find gamblers in legal hot water.
Where Is The Best Place To Bet On Sports In Alabama?
The best place to bet on sports in Alabama is with online offshore sportsbooks as they are the only legal option for Alabama gamblers. Again, the most reputable of these sites can be found on this page.
Should I Use A Local Bookie In Alabama?
Do Any Casinos In Alabama Have Sportsbooks?
No casinos in Alabama offer sports betting to their patrons. Once an industry is made legal, casinos will be the first to see sportsbooks made available to customers.