Last updated on: September 23rd, 2022
College Football Bowl Game Betting Guide
Betting on the College Football Bowl games has become one of the most popular times of year for college football bettors. College Football bettors get one last hurrah to end the season, and the National Championship worth sportsbooks that they use are almost sure to provide incredible odds. The College Football bowl season has been complicated over the past years as more and more athletes opt-out of the games, making them much harder to bet on. Those complications have proven to be worth it for bettors, as college football sportsbooks now provide more odds than ever and bettors can wager on the playoffs!
Top College Football Betting Sites
2022-2023 Schedule Of College Football Bowl Games
The 2022-23 College Football Bowl Season will run from December 16, 2022 through January 9, 2023. Over that time frame an astounding 43 bowl games will be played, with college football sportsbooks offering odds on all of them once the time comes.
2022-23 College Football Bowl Schedule
- Allstate Sugar Bowl 12/31/2022 12:00 p.m.
- Autozone Liberty Bowl 12/28/2022 5:30 p.m.
- Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl 12/30/2022 4:30 p.m.
- Camellia Bowl 12/27/2022 12:00 p.m.
- Capital One Orange Bowl 12/30/2022 7:30/8:00 p.m.
- Cheez-It Bowl 12/29/2022 5:30 p.m.
- Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl 12/31/2022 4:00/8:00 p.m.
- College Football Playoff National Championship 01/09/2022 Tbd
- Cricket Celebration Bowl 12/17/2022 12:00 p.m.
- Duke’S Mayo Bowl 12/30/2022 12:00 p.m.
- Duluth Trading Cure Bowl 12/16/2022 3:00 p.m.
- Easypost Hawai’I Bowl 12/24/2022 8:00 p.m.
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl 12/20/2022 3:30 p.m.
- Fiesta Bowl 12/31/2022 4:00/8:00 p.m.
- Frisco Bowl 12/17/2022 9:15 p.m.
- Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic 01/02/2022 1:00 p.m.
- Guaranteed Rate Bowl 12/27/2022 10:15 p.m.
- Hometown Lenders Bahamas Bowl 12/16/2022 11:30 a.m.
- Jimmy Kimmel La Bowl Presented By Stifel 12/17/2022 3:30 p.m.
- Lendingtree Bowl 12/17/2022 5:45 p.m.
- Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl 12/22/2022 7:30 p.m.
- Military Bowl Presented By Peraton 12/28/2022 2:00 p.m.
- Myrtle Beach Bowl 12/19/2022 2:30 p.m.
- New Mexico Bowl 12/17/2022 2:15 p.m.
- Pinstripe Bowl 12/29/2022 2:00 p.m.
- Quick Lane Bowl 12/26/2022 2:30 p.m.
- R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl 12/21/2022 9:00 p.m.
- Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl 12/23/2022 Tbd
- Reliaquest Bowl 01/02/2022 12:00 p.m.
- Roofclaim.com Boca Raton Bowl 12/20/2022 7:30 p.m.
- Rose Bowl Game 01/02/2022 5:00 p.m.
- San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl 12/28/2022 8:00 p.m.
- Servpro First Responder Bowl 12/27/2022 3:15/6:45 p.m.
- SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl 12/17/2022 7:30 p.m.
- Taxact Texas Bowl 12/28/2022 9:00 p.m.
- Taxslayer Gator Bowl 12/30/2022 3:30 p.m.
- Ticketsmarter Birmingham Bowl 12/27/2022 3:15/6:45 p.m.
- Tony The Tiger Sun Bowl 12/30/2022 2:00 p.m.
- Transperfect Music City Bowl 12/31/2022 12:00 p.m.
- Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl 12/23/2022 Tbd
- Valero Alamo Bowl 12/29/2022 9:00 p.m.
- Vrbo Citrus Bowl 01/02/2022 1:00 p.m.
- Wasabi Fenway Bowl 12/17/2022 11:00 a.m.
What Are The Biggest Bowl Games?
The College Football Playoff system has taken some of the allure out of some of lesser bowl games for bettors, but the New Year’s Six Bowl games have managed to stand tall and still provide excellent football to bet on. The New Year’s Six Bowls are the six biggest bowl games of the year. Each of them has a storied history in their own right, but some interesting facts about each of them can be found below:
- Rose Bowl: The original College Football bowl game, the Rose Bowl has been around since 1902 when Michigan beat Stanford 49-0. The Rose Bowl is traditionally held at the Coliseum in Pasadena, CA.
- Fiesta Bowl: Founded in 1971, the Fiesta Bowl has been home to many of the all-time classic college football games. 2022 college football bettors saw Oklahoma State beat Notre Dame 37 to 35.
- Sugar Bowl: An interesting fact for Sugar Bowl bettors to fall back on is that between 1938 and 1972 11 teams scored two or fewer points. 1941 matchup between Fordham and Missouri ended with Fordham win 2-0.
- Orange Bowl: With 88 games in it’s storied historied, the Orange has proven to be one of the most popular bowl games of them all. Held in Miami Gardens, FL, the Orange Bowl hosted the BCS National Championship Game in 2001 and 2005.
- Peach Bowl: Now known as the Peach Bowl, it has not always been that way for the bowl game held in Atlanta, GA. From 1968-2005 known as the Peach Bowl, the Chick-fil-A Bowl from 2006-2013, and back to the Peach Bowl from 2014 through the present.
- Cotton Bowl: Originally named after the Cotton Bowl stadium that it was first played at in 1937, the Cotton Bowl bowl game has since moved to AT&T Stadium in Arlington Texas. The Cotton Bowl has hosted three College Football Playoff semifinal games (2015,2018,2021).
Best Sportsbooks To Bet On Bowl Games
Choosing the right sportsbook to bet on the College Football bowl games comes down to odds provided, payment options, and a history strong enough to support the crowning achievement for many teams’ season. Through our research, the best online sportsbook for College Football bettors has been Bovada.
The online sportsbook that is most National Championship-worthy is Bovada. Bovada offers the most odds on the games, the most prop bets, and is the sports betting site that is the easiest to withdrawal winnings from. Bovada has proven their worth to College Football bowl game bettors since they were founded back in 2011.
- Thousands of Super Bowl bets
- Exclusive player props
- Easy-to-use interface
- Mobile friendly
- Efficient payouts
Bowl Game Betting History From Past Five Seasons
- The over has hit in 51.9% of all bowl games, compared to only 48.2% in the regular season.
- Since 2017, the Texas Longhorns at 4-0 and the Oklahoma St. Cowboys at 5-0 have the best records ATS.
- Conversely, the Miami Hurricanes, Michigan Wolverines, and West Virginia Mountaineers are all 0-4 ATS in bowl games since 2017.