- Betting on a Jalen Hurts touchdown in either the first half or a Philadelphia Eagles win has plus odds and is very likely to happen based on early season results.
- The over for Taylor Heinicke touchdowns and interceptions are likely good bets based on history and the probable game script of the Washington Commanders having to pass the ball early and often.
PHILADELPHIA – Jalen Hurts and Taylor Heinicke face off on Monday Night Football, with online sportsbooks offering many different prop bets for each quarterback.
The Jalen Hurts-led Philadelphia Eagles are 10.5-point favorites against the Heinicke-quarterbacked Washington Commanders.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Commanders Odds
|Washington Commanders||+10.5 (-105)||+390||O43.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||-10.5 (-115)||-550||U43.5 (-110)|
Betting on a Jalen Hurts Touchdown
Betting on Eagles rushers to score in the first half has paid out large earlier this season, with much of the same logic applied to bets on the same version of those Bovada prop bets on Jalen Hurts:
- Betting on a Jalen Hurts First Half Touchdown (+185): Philadelphia currently ranks second in the entire NFL in points per game at 28.1 and has scored 29 total touchdowns. Of those touchdowns, 17 have come in the second quarter alone, with 21 total first-half touchdowns. The player most responsible for that half-to-half discrepancy is Jalen Hurts, with the MVP candidate scoring all six of his rushing touchdowns this season in the first half. Hurts has scored a rushing touchdown in four games this season, getting +185 value on an outcome that has happened in half of the Eagles’ games this season is an excellent opportunity at Bovada.
- Betting a Jalen Hurts Touchdown and Eagles Win (+125): The Eagles are currently 8-0 and are double-digit favorites according to the spread. It appears that they are a near lock to come out on top at home against the Washington Commanders, so parlaying that likely outcome with Jalen Hurts to score a touchdown any time is a similarly excellent bet.
Betting on Taylor Heinicke Passing
The Commanders are large underdogs at legal sportsbooks, and based on the game script they will be forced to pass the ball a lot. This seemingly clear uptick in passing volume has gone unnoticed at Bovada, with two over bets standing out for Taylor Heinicke passing.
- Betting on Taylor Heinicke Passing Touchdowns (Over 1.5 +180): Heinicke has thrown two touchdowns in two of his three games as the starter and that trend is likely to continue. When going through the Commanders’ touchdown log it is apparent that they struggle to score on the ground, with only four rushing touchdowns to 15 touchdown passes. Couple those rushing struggles with the high likelihood that they will be passing the ball means that bets on Heinicke to throw for two or more touchdowns have a high chance to pay off.
- Betting on Taylor Heinicke Interceptions (Over 0.5 -210): In 15 of his 19 career starts, Taylor Heinicke has thrown at least one interception. He has more games with two or more interceptions (five) than none (four). The -210 payout at Bovada may not be the largest of the quarterback prop bets, but it may be the safest bet of them all.
Are you trailing or fading the best bets for the Quarterbacks on MNF?
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
News tags: Bovada | Jalen Hurts | Monday Night Football | NFL | Philadelphia Eagles | Taylor Heinicke | Washington Commanders
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.