- Georgia is a heavy favorite over TCU largely based on their first-half advantages.
- Betting on the reigning National Champions to cover the first-half spread and go over their total is a strong bet.
- Bovada offers a bet on Georgia to lead after both the first quarter and half, which is a great choice for near even odds.
INGLEWOOD, Calif. – TCU has been the third-highest-scoring team in the country this season in the second half and based on the National Championship first-half betting line they may need to have another big one against Georgia.
Best Bet for the First Half of the National Championship
Betting on the First Half of the National Championship College Football Playoff sportsbooks have left multiple valuable bets based on first-half betting lines:
- Georgia 1st Half Team Total (Over 20.5 -105): Georgia scored the fifth most points per game in the first half this season at 21.0, with that total even higher at 23.0 in their past three games. TCU has allowed 12.6 points per game in the first half, which is relatively middle-of-the-road (54th in the country) and may provide little resistance.First Half Total (Over 31.5 -110): For a more impartial option, taking the first half over is a strong option based on Georgia and TCU combining to average 39.4 first-half points per game, which is considerably higher than the 31.5-point line.
- Georgia to Cover in the First Half (-7.0 -115): Based on the difference between the points for and against stats in the first half, Georgia has dominated TCU this season. Georgia has scored 21.0 points per first half and given up 7.5, good for a +13.5 rating, while TCU has scored 18.4 points in the first half and given up 12.6 for a +5.8 rating. That means Georgia has been better both offensively and defensively better in the first half this season than TCU, with the Bulldogs a strong bet to cover the -7.0 first-half spread.
Betting on Georgia to Win the First Quarter and First Half
Georgia is a double-digit favorite, making it difficult to find near even odds on any UGA moneyline-style bet at legal sports betting sites.
One way to do so is via Bovada’s First Quarter/First Half Winner Bet.
First Quarter/First Half Winner at Bovada
- Georgia – TCU +1600
- Tie – Tie +2200
- Georgia – Georgia -120
- Tie – TCU +1400
- Georgia – Tie +3300
- TCU – Georgia +650
- Tie – Georgia +500
- TCU – Tie +3300
- TCU – TCU +550
Georgia has been a dominant first-half team this season and is very likely to be leading at the intermission.
Georgia has a better net rating than TCU in each quarter and therefore each half.
Betting on Georgia to grab a first-quarter lead and hold onto it until the second half has -120 odds and gives players near even odds at CFB sportsbooks.
Taking the -120 odds and expecting a Max Duggan-led comeback in the second half maybe both profitable and likely for bettors.
|TCU (#3)||+7.0 (-105)||265||O31.5 (-110)|
|Georgia (#1)||-7.0 (-115)||-380||U31.5 (-110)|
Are you betting on the Georgia Bulldogs to dominate in the first half?
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
News tags: Bovada | College Football | College Football Playoff | Georgia | TCU | Texas
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.