- Trevor Noah is leaving The Daily Show and entertainment sportsbooks have tabbed Roy Woods Jr. as the long-time host’s eventual replacement.
- Betting on Roy Woods Jr. with +200 odds is the best bet of the likely candidates to replace Noah due to his extensive background at Comedy Central.
NEW YORK – For just the third time since The Daily Show’s premier on July 22nd, 1996, there will be a change in host.
Based on the odds at Bovada, Roy Wood Jr. is likely the leading candidate to take over for Trevor Noah.
Next Permanent Host After Trevor Noah
- Roy Wood Jr. +200
- Colin Jost +700
- Amber Ruffin +800
- Jordan Klepper +800
- Michael Kosta +800
- Hasan Minhaj +1000
Betting on Roy Wood Jr.
Roy Wood Jr. is the betting favorite to replace Noah as the next host of The Daily Show for multiple reasons, one of which includes him getting singled out by Noah during his announcement to leave the show.
A special message from Trevor Noah pic.twitter.com/lMM8ll51fu
— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) September 30, 2022
On top of Trevor Noah’s reference to Wood Jr. in the exit monologue, betting on Roy Wood Jr. at legal sportsbooks to replace the long-time host makes sense based on his history at Comedy Central:
- The Daily Show: Wood Jr. Has been a part of The Daily Show in various roles since 2015, the year that Noah took over.
- Comedy Specials: Since 2017, Roy Wood Jr. has had two separate Comedy Central stand-up specials: Father Figure in 2017 and Roy Wood Jr.: No One Loves You in 2019.
- This Is Not Happening: Wood Jr. has hosted Comedy Central’s This Is Not Happening since 2017, showcasing his ability to handle regular hosting duties.
With the comfort level of Roy Wood Jr. for himself and Comedy Central executives, betting on Roy Wood Jr. at entertainment sports betting sites with two-to-one odds is the best bet to be the next host of The Daily Show.
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.