- The over/under for the Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies Game Four matchup is set at 221.5, which is the lowest of the series.
- Despite the lower total, the best bet for Game Four is on the Under with -110 odds based on the Lakers’ history against the Memphis Grizzlies with Lebron James.
- The eighteen games that Lebron has played against the Grizzlies not only suggest the under, with bets on the alternative under at 211.0 with +235 odds a strong historical play.
LOS ANGELES – Lebron James and the rest of the Los Angeles Lakers look to take a 3-1 series lead over the Memphis Grizzlies tonight, with NBA sportsbooks projecting Game Four to be the lowest-scoring game of the series with the over/under set at 221.5.
Despite the series-low total, the best bet before tip-off tonight is on the under 221.5 points.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies Game Four Odds
|Memphis Grizzlies||+4.5 (-110)||-165||O221.5 (-110)|
|Los Angeles Lakers||-4.5 (-110)||-195||U221.5 (-110)|
Best Bet of LAL vs MEM: Under 221.5 Points
Legal betting sites for the NBA have offered odds for Lebron James’ Lakers teams since the moment he arrived for the 2018-19 season, with the 18 regular and postseason games he has played against the Grizzlies in that time providing significant evidence that Game Four will go under 221.5 points:
- Under Record: 14-4
- Average Score: 214.05
That 18-game sample size also suggests that players at Legal sports betting sites considering alternative unders.
At Bovada, the lowest alternative total for the Lakers versus the Grizzlies is set at 211.0 points, with the under for that total paying out with +235 odds.
Some of the reasons to take the alternative under for Game Four include:
- Eight of the 18 games between Lakers teams with Lebron versus Memphis have gone under 211.0, with their October 29 matchup in 2019 ending at exactly 211.0 as well.
- Relative to the total set at NBA sportsbooks, seven of the 18 games have gone under by at least 10.5 points. The 221.5 total minus the 211 is 10.5, making that number significant.
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.