- Multiple significant trends suggest that the best bet in the Los Angeles Clippers and the New Orleans Pelicans game is on the under.
- Despite a great performance in the 2021 NBA Playoffs, legal sportsbooks are offering Paul George scoring odds indicative of his 2020 performance.
LOS ANGELES – The last NBA Play-In game of the night will be between the Los Angeles Clippers and the New Orleans Pelicans.
The Clippers and Pelicans have many similarities in how they have gotten to this point in the season: star players who have missed the entire season, second stars who have missed much of the season, and they are both 6-4 in their last ten games.
Online sportsbooks see how much they have in common and have projected this to be a very close game.
New Orleans Pelicans At Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
|New Orleans Pelicans:||-1 (-115)||-120||Over 215.5 (-110)|
|Los Angeles Clippers:||+1 (-105)||100||Under 215.5 (-110)|
Play-In Games With Playoff Intensity Support Betting On The Under
There have been four games played so far in the NBA Play-In Tournament. Call it playoff jitters or playoff intensity, but scoring has been at a premium.
|Home Team (PTS):||Away Team (PTS):||Actual Points:||Over/Under:||Difference:|
|Brooklyn Nets (115)||Cleveland Cavaliers (108)||223||227||-4|
|Minnesota Timberwolves (109)||Los Angeles Clippers (104)||213||231||-18|
|Atlanta Hawks (132)||Charlotte Hornets (103)||235||235.5||-0.5|
|New Orleans Pelicans (113)||San Antonio Spurs (103)||216||225||-9|
Not a single Play-In Tournament game has had the over hit this season, and NBA bettors may have to have to wait even longer based on some other factors:
- Five of the last six matchups between the Pelicans and Clippers have had the under-hit.
- The Pelicans have the second-lowest under percentage as an away underdog at 72.7% (9-24).
- Los Angeles has the fifth-highest under percentage in the league with either two or three days at 64.3% (5-9).
- With a rest disadvantage this season the under has hit in 63.6% (4-7) of the Pelican’s games this season.
Ivica Zubac Points Primed To Go Over
Legal online sportsbooks have done well to quickly adjust to the news of Paul George’s positive covid test and given most Clipper’s players point prop bets a bump, but they have not adjusted enough to Ivica Zubac
Ivica Zubac Over/Under – Points
- Over 11.5 Points -102
- Under 11.5 Points -129
A look at Ivica Zubac’s game log and you will see that his last five games have made it seem extremely likely that he scores at least 12 points.
Ivica Zubac’s Scoring In His Last Five Games
|4/3||New Orleans Pelicans||16||9||24:59|
|4/10||Oklahoma City Thunder||12||10||23:16|
Prior to his seven points on two shots performance against the Timberwolves, Zubac had at least 12 points in four consecutive games.
Ivica Zubac to score at least 12 points would have been a great bet even if Paul George was playing, but with the extra shots to go around the over for the Ivica Zubac points prop bet is arguably the best bet in the entire NBA tonight.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.