- Tennessee sportsbooks more than tripled their previous monthly betting handle record.
- October handle shows 185.5% increase from first month of active sports betting.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – In October, Tennessee sportsbooks handled the most money on sports bets in their history at $375.3 million. In September, Tennessee sportsbooks handled a sports betting total of $257.3 million – a 45% increase from September’s record.
These records come only one month away from the state’s one-year anniversary, which has seen a 185.5% growth year-over-year. In November 2020, books reported $131.4 million on sports betting, with Tennessee’s privilege tax increasing by 3%, from September’s $3.3 million to $3.4 million in October.
Tennessee Monthly Sports Betting Handle Comparison
- November 2020 handle: $131,444,523
- September 2021 handle: $257,300,000
- October 2021 handle: $375,300,000
Tennessee is now the fifth-fastest state to pass a $5 billion lifetime handle, despite only having active sports betting market for a year. If November shows even a 6.5% increase in wagers placed on sports, it would result in a $400 million handle.
This places Tennessee among several other high-performing states in the sports betting right now, such as Iowa and Indiana – both of which also broke their previously set September record high in October.
- Iowa’s October Handle: $280.9 million – 33.5% increase from September.
- Indiana’s October Handle: 461.1 million – 29.7% increase from September.
These massive increases in sports betting handle is likely due to a mixture of 2021 being the first post-COVID-19 NFL season, and the increased awareness of the newly regulated sports betting market in different states across the country.
Tennessee Monthly Sports Betting Revenue Comparison
- November 2020 revenue: $13,244,908
- February 2021 revenue: $13,000,000
- September 2021 revenue: $25,600,000
- October 2021 revenue: $23,300,000
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
News tags: Tennessee
Evan’s passion for writing has guided his entire life, from winning enough money in writing scholarships to pay for his college, to his hobby of personal fictitious works. Research and writing simply come naturally to him. Whether at work or at home, Evan is probably either researching something he plans to write, or writing it.