Last updated on: August 4th, 2023
Canadian Football League Betting Guide
Football in the Great White North is extremely popular and betting on the Canadian Football League can be done all throughout Canada and the United States. There is much more to betting on the CFL though than just the normal gamelines odds though and this CFL betting guide will have you covered on it all. We’ll touch on all of the legal sports betting sites that have CFL odds and what you benefit from using them, how to use them, how to bet on Canadian Football League odds, and plenty more.
Current CFL Betting Odds
Best Legal Sportsbooks For CFL Betting
There are some elite legal online sportsbooks to choose from when looking to bet on the CFL and each of them have some unique offerings. Aside from the betting odds, these are some of the easiest betting sites that you could use, they make things convenient for you with deposits and withdrawals and are also all safe to use.
For a little over a decade, Bovada has been one of the best legal online sportsbooks on the market across the world. They hold that elite title thanks to the platform that they have put together where you could find CFL odds in a matter of seconds. They also make it easy to understand what you are betting on as their betting slips are interactive and will show you what you get paid out based on the odds and how much you are betting.
- Accepts USA & Canadian Players
- Great Selection of Odds
- Easy Deposit Methods
BetOnline is very fast and effective when it comes to making a deposit or requesting a withdrawal from your account. The process of completing either a deposit or withdrawal will take just a few moments with any of the financial methods that they accept. Those include but are not limited to crypto, credit and debit card companies, online banking methods, and checks.
- User-friendly Layout
- Current NFL Events Props
- Wide Futures Selection
- Game Breakdowns On Bets
- Advanced Live Betting
Safety should be one of your main points of concern when signing up for an online CFL sportsbook and MyBookie has got you covered. They spend countless hours making sure that you and your information is secure. They do so with encrypted links such as SSL and 256-Bit to protect both your information on your web browser and their servers.
- Good Parlay Payouts
- Accept Lots of Cryptos
- Easy to Read Screen
- Alternate NFL totals
- Player comparison props
How To Bet On The Canadian Football League
The basics of betting on the Canadian Football League are almost the exact same as betting on the NFL. The only differences are the rules between the two, however, the overall betting is identical. With CFL betting, gamelines include all three, moneyline odds, odds on the spread, and game total odds. You can also expand into the gameline odds and find several prop odds as well.
Making A Sportsbook Deposit To Bet On The CFL
The first thing that you are going to want to do before betting on the Canadian Football League is to make sportsbook deposit into your account. You can make CFL betting deposits with several payment methods that are all convenient in their own ways. You’ll need to abide by the deposit guidelines though such as deposit limits, deposit processing times, and occasional deposit fees.
- Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, etc.)
- Credit/Debit Cards (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover)
- Wire Transfer
- MatchPay (Venmo, PayPal, Zelle, CashApp, etc.)
- Money Order
Top Sportsbook Bonuses For CFL Betting
Betting on the CFL comes with plenty of upside if you do it the right way and take advantage of sportsbook deposit bonuses when signing up for your account. CFL sportsbook bonuses aren’t just for new users though as existing ones can have fun using them as well. These bonuses come in the form of deposit matches where the sportsbook will match your deposit up to a certain percentage.
- Bovada Bitcoin Welcome Bonus – Bovada offers a 75% deposit match for all new Bicton bettors that can go up to $750 in betting credits and has a 5x rollover attached.
- BetOnline Bitcoin Welcome Bonus – For every player with the legal book, BetOnline offers a BTC welcome bonus of up to $1,000 credits through a 100% deposit match and a 14x rollover.
- SportsBetting Bitcoin Reload Bonus – For every player that has deposited in the past, SportsBetting offers a 35% deposit match of up to $350 that has an 8x rollover required.
Withdrawal Process For Betting On The Canadian Football League
Collecting your winnings from a CFL sports betting site is simple and there is never a hassle when requesting a fast sportsbook payout. The entire process before you make the withdrawal request will take a total of maybe five minutes from start to finish. Similar to making a deposit, you have guidelines to follow as well. The few things to take note of are that there are no credit card and debit card deposits and you can only withdraw with crypto if your first deposit was with crypto.
- Click the “cashiers” tab
- Switch to withdrawal tab
- Select your desired withdrawal method
- Enter how much you want to withdraw
- Finish requesting withdrawal
CFL Betting Types
- Moneyline: Known as the easiest bet to make on the CFL, money odds are betting on the winner of the game.
- Spread: These odds are betting on the winning or losing margin between the favorite and the underdog.
- Total: Also known as the over/under, is betting on if the total combined points in the game will go over or under the set amount.
- Game Props: These props let you bet on any game from different angles such as alternate lines, the first team to score, and more.
- Player Props: This lets you bet on specific players and their performance in the game such as receiving yards, passing yards, touchdowns, and more.
- Futures: Here you are betting on the outright winner of the CFL championship at any point throughout the season. These odds will shift accordingly depending on how the season progresses.
Canadian Football League Rules
While betting on the CFL is similar to betting on the NFL, the rules are different and should be taken into account. Some of the differences are:
- 110-yard field
- 12 players allowed on the field at once
- Each team has 3 downs to get a first down
- No fair catch rule
- The opposing team gets a point if the ball cannot be returned out of the endzone and the team retains possession
Motion on the line of scrimmage is legal as long as enough players remain on the line
Past CFL Grey Cup Winners
|2022||Toronto Argonauts||Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
|2021||Winnipeg Blue Bombers||Hamilton Tiger-Cats|
|2020||COVID-19 Cancel||COVID-19 Cancel|
|2019||Winnipeg Blue Bombers||Hamilton Tiger-Cats|
|2018||Calgary Stampede||Ottawa Redblacks|
|2017||Toronto Argonauts||Calgary Stampede|
|2016||Ottawa Redblacks||Calgary Stampede|
|2015||Edmonton Eskimos||Ottawa Redblacks|
|2014||Calgary Stampede||Hamilton Tiger-Cats|
|2013||Saskatchewan Roughriders||Hamilton Tiger-Cats|