- Florida State and Oklahoma kick off the Cheez-It Bowl at 5:30, with the Seminoles 10.5-point favorites.
- Florida State likely would have been a 10.5-point favorite if both teams were at full strength, which Oklahoma is not.
- Betting on Florida State to cover the spread is a strong option at Bovada given the opt-outs and transfers from Oklahoma.
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Cheez-It Bowl kicks off at 5:30 p.m. between the Florida State Seminoles and Oklahoma Sooners, with Bovada making the 9-3 Seminoles 10.5-point favorites over the 6-6 Sooners.
Cheez-It Bowl Odds
|Oklahoma||+10.5 (-115)||+290||O65.5 (-110)|
|Florida State (#13)||-10.5 (-105)||-380||U65.5 (-110)|
Betting on FSU to Cover
Florida State originally opened as a 7.5-point favorite over Oklahoma, with legal college football betting sites eventually tacking on an additional field goal to that number because of the attrition from the OU roster.
Consider some of the notable players from Oklahoma that have either opted out or already transferred:
- Eric Gray (RB): Second-Team All-Big 12 Running Back, rushed for 1,366 yards and 11 touchdowns this season
- Anton Harrison (LT): First-Team All-Big 12 Left Tackle
- Wanya Morris (RT): Starting Right Tackle
- Jalen Redmond (DT): Started Eight Games at Defensive End, second on the team with 4.0 sacks
Oklahoma was a .500 team with six All-Big 12 selections and is now without two of them.
Compared to the 247sports report that Florida State has its entire starting lineup still intact, and this betting line has likely not been moved enough.
Florida State is on a five-game win streak, ranked 13 in the College Football Playoff poll, and placed ten players on the All-ACC teams.
That talent differential is evident when looking at each team’s scoring offense and defense rankings:
- FSU Offense: 36.2 Points Per Game (16th Nationally)
- FSU Defense: 19.7 Points Per Game Allowed (16th Nationally)
- OU Offense: 32.9 Points Per Game (31st Nationally)
- OU Defense: 29.6 Points Per Game Allowed (98th Nationally)
Florida State likely should have been a double-digit favorite even if both teams were at full strength, but with legal sportsbooks still setting the line at 10.5-points, taking the Seminoles to cover the spread is one of the best bets for all of bowl season.
Are you betting on FSU to cover the spread at the Cheez-It Bowl?
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.