- Final Four betting odds have the total of the San Diego State vs Florida Atlantic matchup set at 131.5 points.
- Many betting trends for SDSU vs FAU game point to that total going under.
HOUSTON – When Florida Atlantic and San Diego State tip-off in the Final Four, people who bet on either the Owls (+20500) or Aztecs (+5000) to cut down the nets in the National Championship Game will be sitting pretty, but it is players that have bet on unders in the Aztec’s games that would be feeling even better.
The under has hit in 12 straight San Diego State games, with players at legal sports betting sites up to over $234,000 in profit if they had put $100 on the under at the start of the streak and continued to reinvest their winnings ever since.
With that streak in mind, betting on FAU and SDSU for the under when things tip-off is the best bet heading into the Final Four.
Florida Atlantic vs San Diego State Odds
|Florida Atlantic (#9)||+2.0 (-110)||+115||O 131.5 (-110)|
|San Diego State (#5)||-2.0 (-110)||-135||U 131.5 (-110)|
Trending Towards the Under
San Diego State backers at California sportsbooks have hopefully caught on to the under tendencies of the Brian Dutcher-coached Aztecs early on in their streak, as the team has had many different under trends that have stood out this season:
- Difference a Year Makes: In 13 games before the calendar switched to 2023, the over went 8-5. In 23 games since the start of 2023, the over has only hit five times, with the under cashing other 18 games.
- Low Totals go Under: Saturday will mark the 13th time this season that the total of a San Diego State game is set at 135.0 or lower. In the previous 12 games with a total set at 135.0 or less, the under has hit nine times.
- Close Games go Under: San Diego State has been in 21 games this season with a spread within six points of the current -2.0 ATS advantage given to them at March Madness sportsbooks. In those 21 games, there have been eight overs and 13 unders.
The FAU Owls have also been a remarkable story at Florida betting sites, with Dusty May’s squad having many trends of their own that point towards the under:
- Unders when FAU is in Tournaments: Since the Conference USA tournament tipped off for FAU on March 9, the under has hit six times in eight games.
- Low Totals go Under: This will be FAU’s seventh game with a total set at 133.5 or less. The over has hit only twice in those previous seven games.
- Close Games go Under: FAU has played in eight games within four points of the +2.0 spread this season. In those games with FAU spreads between -2.0 and +6.0, the under has hit in 6/8 games.
With so many trends for both San Diego State and FAU pointing towards the under, betting against points in the Aztecs vs Owls matchup is likely the best bet of the Final Four.
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.