- Legal sportsbooks have +260 odds for the Eagles or the 49ers to score a defense/special teams touchdown and -2500 odds for it to not occur.
- The Eagles and 49ers have both recorded a pick six twice each this season but neither team has thrown a pick six themselves during 2022.
PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Eagles and the San Francisco 49ers have been two of the best defensive teams in 2022-23 and will face each other on Sunday for the battle of the NFC. Neither team has given up or converted any defense/special team TDs during the 2022-23 postseason at this point.
With Nick Bosa being the favorite to win defensive player of the year and CJ Gardner-Johnson leading the Eagles with six interceptions, legal NFL sportsbooks have intriguing odds for a defensive/special teams touchdown to still be scored on Sunday.
Will A Special Teams or a Defensive TD be Scored?
- Yes +260
- No -2500
Even though it has not happened yet, this legal sports betting prop could be favorable for the matchup that features a rookie QB in Brock Purdy facing the Eagles’ defense. This prop also leaves room for Jalen Hurts to make any uncharacteristic mistakes during his first game on the NFC Championship stage.
Eagles 2022-23 Season Defense/Special Teams Takeaways
- The Eagles’ defense has recorded 17 regular season interceptions and one interception in the postseason.
- The Eagles have converted two interceptions for touchdowns during the regular season.
- The Eagles have recovered 15 fumbles during the regular season but have not had any returned for touchdowns.
- The Eagles had no kickoff or punt return touchdowns during the season.
49ers 2022-23 Season Defense/Special Teams Takeaways
- The 49ers’ defense has come up with 20 regal season interceptions in the regular season and three interceptions in the postseason.
- San Francisco had scored two touchdowns off of interceptions during the regular season.
- The 49ers have 19 fumble recoveries for the regular season with one touchdown return and one fumble recovery and no TD return for the postseason.
- The 49ers did not record any return any kickoffs or punts for touchdowns during the season.
The 49ers and the Eagles were tied with the Falcons for the least amount of interceptions thrown during the 2022-23 season at nine total.
While both teams did well to protect the ball during the regular season, the odds of scoring a defensive touchdown can still be favorable because of the man different ways that the bet can hit during the NFC Championship game.
Will the 49ers or the Eagles core a defensive touchdown during the NFC Championship?
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
Ben has been an avid sports fan his whole life and mostly follows football and basketball, both professional and collegiate. He has been covering topics that vary from Super Bowl prop bets to articles about the generated revenue from regulated sports betting. He is currently finishing his Editing, Writing, and Media Degree at Florida State University, with a minor in Business. Diving into the world of sports betting, he is ecstatic to work in an area that has combined his two passions of sports and writing.