- The best bet of the US Open Semifinals is on Ons Jabeur to pull off the upset over Caroline Garcia with +130 odds.
- Jabeur has a strong history of betting Garcia, having beaten the 17th ranked tennis player in the world in both of their previous matches.
- Garcia has been playing very well lately, but that level of play has proven unstainable for her in the past, meaning this match is a prime time for a regression.
NEW YORK – The Women’s US Open is well underway with odds makers offering up plenty of value, specifically on the women’s side.
Based on their odds to win the tournament, the match between Caroline Garcia (+200) and Ons Jabeur (+450) on Thursday night may be the most important matchup until the finals. Those odds make Garcia and Jabeur the second and third most likely winners of the US Open.
Caroline Garcia vs Ons Jabeur Odds
|Caroline Garcia||-2.5 (-115)||-155||O21.5 (-115)|
|Ons Jabeur||+2.5 (-115)||+130||U21.5 (-115)|
Betting on an Ons Jabeur Upset
Up until this point, Ons Jabeur and Caroline Garcia have breezed through the US Open. Jabeur has lost one set this entire tournament, while Garcia has yet to give up a single set.
With such dominance it may not be surprising that US Open betting odds favor Caroline Garcia slightly over Ons Jabeur.
Sports betting sites may have gotten this match wrong though, as Ons Jabeur appears to be the best bet in this matchup despite her +130 sports betting odds for two specific reasons:
- Previous Matches: Jabeur and Garcia have faced off twice before, once at the Australian Open in 2020 and once at the US Open at 2019. Jabeur has won both matches, giving up one set combined to Garcia.
- Year to Date Play: Garcia has been an absolute tear as of late, winning her last 15 matches including her current doubles run at the US Open as well. Garcia (35-15) has been playing above her means though, as despite that win streak she still has a worse year-to-date record that Jabeur (38-13).
Given Jabeur’s history against Garcia, this matchup in the quarterfinals of the US Open may be a prime opportunity to bet on a regression from Caroline Garcia and take advantage of Ons Jabeur’s +130 odds at legal tennis betting sites.
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.