- The focus on the Heisman Trophy finalists at quarterback has made rushing yard props undervalued at National Championship betting sites.
- TCU has struggled to stop the run and has star running back Kendre Miller listed as questionable to play, making it safer to bet on Georgia’s running backs.
- Kenny McIntosh and Daijun Edwards are both likely to go over their rushing totals, with Edwards the slightly better bet.
INGLEWOOD, Calif. – With Heisman Trophy Finalists headlining both teams, Bovada has seemingly set multiple rushing yard prop bets to low in the National Championship for two teams that both rank in the top 25 nationally in rushing yards per game.
Those teams, TCU and Georgia, are set to square off on Monday, with the Bulldogs large favorites over the Horned Frogs.
TCU Horned Frogs vs Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Game Odds
|TCU||+12.0 (-110)||+330||O63.0 (-110)|
|Georgia||-12.0 (-110)||-440||U63.0 (-110)|
Focusing on Georgia’s running back room is likely the first key decision point when betting at College Football Playoff sportsbooks for many reasons:
- With Georgia a two-score favorite, the Bulldogs are more likely to run the ball.
- Georgia allowed the second-fewest rushing yards per game this season (80.0) compared to
- TCU’s 152.1 RYPG (71st)
- TCU’s running back Keandre Miller is not only questionable for the game, but sportsbooks are not offering rushing yard props on him.
Betting on Kenny McIntosh
Following an incredibly versatile performance against Ohio State, Kenny McIntosh has the highest rushing yard total bet at College Football sportsbooks at 60.5 yards.
McIntosh has now rushed over 60.5 yards in three of his past four games.
Despite competing for carries and playing time with Daijun Edwards in the Georgia backfield, the big play speed of McIntosh makes him a threat to go over this total at any point during the game.
That playing time split with Daijun Edwards helps preserve that big play speed, with McIntosh’s backfield mate proving to be a more than an adequate change of pace back.
Betting on Daijun Edwards
Kenny McIntosh currently has the highest rushing yards over/under for the National Championship but it is his teammate Daijun Edwards that is actually the best bet.
Daijun Edwards National Championship Rushing Yards
- Over 45.5 -115
- Under 45.5 -115
Daijun Edwards has incredibly gone over this 45.5 total in 11 of his past 12 games.
McIntosh looked fantastic in Georgia’s win over Ohio State, but Edwards was also a key contributor with 58 rushing yards on eight attempts.
That eight attempts marker will be a key indicator of if Daijun Edwards is to hit his total. Consider the four games this season that he has gone under 45.5 yards and over:
- Under 45.5: Averages 5 carries per game for 23 Yards, has yet to reach 46 yards.
- Over 45.5: Averages 11 carriers per game for 65 yards, has always reached at least 46 years.
Against a middle-of-the-road TCU rushing defense and with a current steak of 11/12 games over 45.5 yards, taking the over for Daijun Edwards’ rushing yards in the National Championship game is surely one of the best bets at legal sports betting sites.
Are you betting on Georgia’s dynamic duo in the CFB National Championship?
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.