- The Washington Huskies have scored 37 or more nine times this season, helping set the Alamo Bowl over-under at 67
The Texas Longhorns kept eight teams at 21 points or less, potentially inflating the over-under too high.
- Despite being three-point favorites, the Longhorns are without star running back Bijan Robinson.
- Michael Penix Jr. has -400 odds to throw for two or more touchdowns and projected at 321.5 passing yards.
SAN ANTONIO – In a 9 p.m. ET battle, the Texas Longhorns are a field goal favorite in the Alamo Bowl over the Washington Huskies. Getting homefield advantage, the Longhorns will play just over an hour from Austin.
Still, the college football betting trends suggest Texas wins outright and against the spread with the under hitting.
Notable Betting Trends – Alamo Bowl 2022
- Washington is 6-24 Overall, 12-18 ATS, and 11-19 Over/Under in games as underdogs.
- The Huskies are 3-6 ATS since the 2019 season as an underdog.
- The under has hit in 15 of their last 20 games as underdogs.
- When underdogs of 5 or less, the huskies are 2-9 SU.
- Texas is 6-2 SU and ATS in their last eight playoff games.
- The under has hit in five of Texas’s last six playoff games.
- The Longhorns are 7-2 ATS in last nine games as favorites.
But many factors are at play, such as Bijan Robinson opting out of the bowl game. The leader in scrimmage yards for 2022, his 18 touchdowns and near 1600 yards will be lacking.
Though Jonathon Brooks will lead the way, expect freshman Jaydon Blue to see some touches as well. Blue, a top-60 recruit, has EVEN odds to score his first-ever touchdown, while Brooks is -260.
But the scoring won’t just come from Texas in this 67-point bowl game over-under.
This is Washington QB Michael Penix Jr.’s first bowl game and is headed back to the Huskies next season. In a battle against Longhorn QB Quinn Ewers, it is the underdog’s QB with the better expectations.
Alamo Bowl QB Player Props
|QB:||Over/Under – Passing Yards:||Odds To Throw 2 TDs:|
|Michael Penix Jr. (WAS)||321.5||-400|
|Quinn Ewers (TEX)||Over 243.5||-150|
Wait Until It’s Too Much
Washington is second in redzone scoring attempts this year at 5.5 per game. This indicates they move the ball well down field, evident from their 18th-best 8.4 first quarter points per game.
Still, Texas is 14th best at 8.7 points per first quarter, so those considering the under might wait for a high scoring first quarter. Projected at 14.5 points and shading on the over, live betting the Alamo Bowl may be wise after some explosive plays.
Texas allows 76.3 plays per game, 12-worst in college football and without Bijan Robinson, this could increase even more with an unfamiliar backfield.
67 points is a lot for their past results. This would be the Longhorns highest over-under in 25 games. Likewise, it would be the third-highest Washington over-under in their last 30 games. But, two touchdowns in the first quarter could see this live game total hit close to 75 at college football sports betting sites. Anything 74 or larger is a must play on the under.
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
After spending time scouting college basketball for Florida State University under Leonard Hamilton and the University of Alabama under Anthony Grant, Michael started writing focused on NBA content. A graduate of both schools, he now covers legal sports betting bills, sports betting revenue data, tennis betting odds, and sportsbook reviews. Michael likes to play basketball, hike, and kayak when not glued to the TV watching midlevel tennis matches.