- Problem Gambling Awareness Month is recognized in March in Pennsylvania.
- The Gaming Control Board has launched a website to educate gamblers.
- Events have been scheduled throughout March to raise awareness.
HARRISBURG, Pa. — The Pennsylvania Gambling Control Board (PGCB) has recognized the month of March as Problem Gambling Awareness Month. Officials are looking to raise awareness to gamblers before a problem even starts.
They are looking to educate people on problem gambling as well as help treat people that are currently problem gamblers. Pennsylvania sports betting as well as casino gambling in the Keystone State are all being discussed at events throughout the month.
Problem Gambling Awareness Month
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board is recognizing March as Problem Gambling Awareness Month. The organization is looking to put out support resources for those who are dealing with this issue.
“Gambling addiction is real, is preventable and is treatable, and the PGCB and its partners want all PA citizens who face the perils of problem gambling to know that treatment is available and effective—this includes the launch of a new website with easy-to-find information on detecting a gambling problem along with various avenues available for help,” said Elizabeth Lanza, Director of the PGCB’s Office of Compulsive and Problem Gambling.
The organization is looking to educate individuals about the help that is available for problem gambling.
“Our agency has made outreach for individuals with gambling disorders a priority since the opening of the first casinos in Pennsylvania over 13 years ago—as new forms of gaming were rolled out over the past year, the PGCB made sure that new tools and resources, including online self-imposed limits and responsible gambling pages, are available through each iGaming site to assist individuals in gambling responsibility,” said Kevin F. O’Toole, the Gaming Control Board Executive Director.
The staff of the PGCB will be available to those who want to learn more information or those seeking help at different events throughout Problem Gambling Awareness Month.
- March 3rd: Problem Gambling Awareness Month Kickoff Event in the 1st-floor atrium of Strawberry Square from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- March 4th: 1st-floor atrium of Strawberry Square from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- March 5th: At the Council on Compulsive Gambling of PA’s East Conference in Trevose.
- March 11th, March 18th, March 25th: Capitol Building mini rotunda in Harrisburg from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- March 12th: The Council on Compulsive Gambling of PA’s West Conference in Pittsburgh.
Samuel has been writing professionally for 4 years. He comes from a sports writing background where he enjoys writing mostly about basketball and football both professional and collegiate. He is a recent graduate of Florida State University where he majored in Editing, Writing and Media with a minor in Communications. During his free time, you can find him watching or playing sports as well as playing videogames and listening to music.