- MMA continues Wednesday as UFC Fight Night 171 starts at 6 p.m. EST.
- Glover Teixeira (+155) takes on Anthony Smith (-190) in a light-heavyweight main event.
- Multiple underdogs poised to come out on top include Karl Roberson (+160) and Andrei Arlovski (+140).
JACKSONVILLE, FL – Returning to the Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida, “Fight Night” is poised to captivate fans and bettors once again with a stacked card, ripe with the potential for a profitable upset.
After the success of UFC 249, bettors are looking to get in on the action for UFC Fight Night 171 and bet on the potential winners.
One of those potential cash-ins comes in the form of American Karl Roberson (+160), who takes on Italian Marvin Vettori (-200) in the undercard.
While Roberson and Vettori are identical in reach, weight, and leg reach, Roberson possesses the speed and strength to overcome Vettori in the later rounds.
Elsewhere on the card, Andrei Arlovski (+140) has a strong chance of taking down favorite Philipe Lins (-165) in their heavyweight bout.
Arlovski has about 30 pounds on the much smaller Lins, checking in at 240 lbs. to Lins’ 205. Arlovski also has over twice as many career fights as Lins, who is making his UFC debut after riding a four-fight win streak.
While the fight might be close, Lins at -165 is too confident of a line.
The Main Event UFC Fight Night 171
Glover Teixeira (+155) takes on Anthony Smith (-190) in a light-heavyweight bout that has major implications on the UFC contender standings.
Teixeira is riding a three-fight win streak, while Smith’s only loss out of his last five bouts came against Jon Jones.
While Smith is known as a dog in the ring who refuses to lose, Teixeira is a crafty veteran who can pull out a submission win out of nowhere. While Smith is riding high after a big win against Alexander Gustafsson, Teixeira at +155 has immense value.
Oddsmakers could be overrating Smith’s recent wins over a weakened Gustafsson. Additionally, Smith is known to start fights at a slower pace, while Teixeira likes to come out swinging. Here are the other legal sports betting options for UFC Fight Night 171.
UFC Fight Night 171 Betting Lines
- 6:00 p.m. EST: Ike Villanueva (+135) vs. Chase Sherman (-165)
- 6:10 p.m. EST: Hunter Azure (-200) vs. Brian Kelleher (+160)
- 6:20 p.m. EST: Omar Morales (-185) vs. Gabriel Benitez (+150)
- 6:30 p.m. EST: Sijara Eubanks (-370) vs. Sarah Moras (+280)
- 7:00 p.m. EST: Thiago Moises (-120) vs. Michael Johnson (-110)
- 7:30 p.m. EST: Philipe Lins (-170) vs. Andrei Arlovski (+140)
- 9:00 p.m. EST: Marvin Vettori (-200) vs. Karl Roberson (+160)
- 9:30 p.m. EST: Ricky Simon (-155) vs. Ray Borg (+125)
- 10:00 p.m. EST: Drew Dober (-120) vs. Alexander Hernandez (-110)
- 10:30 p.m. EST: Ovince Saint Preux (-135) vs. Ben Rothwell (+105)
- 11:00 p.m. EST: Anthony Smith (-190) vs. Glover Teixeira (+155)
Jimmy began his journalistic journey as a stat recorder and PA announcer for his middle school baseball team. Full of experience across print, broadcast, and sports radio, he brings his knowledge and toolkit to the LegalSportsBetting team. You can find him watching sports, making parlays, and listening to music on any day ending in Y.