- Betting the under on Nick Bolton’s tackling prop at Bovada gives bettors -115 odds on a bet that has hit 13 of 19 games this season.
- Taking the over on Justin Reid’s tackle props has better odds (+100) and a higher likelihood of hitting based on his recent games.
- Non-blowout stats for T.J. Edwards suggest that taking the over on his tackles prop at Bovada with -115 odds may payout large.
GLENDALE, Ariz. – Nick Bolton, Justin Reid, and T.J. Edwards highlight some of the best bets on the tackles props offered at Bovada for Super Bowl 57.
Nick Bolton Super Bowl Tackles Prop
Nick Bolton has been the Kansas City Chiefs leading tackler this season with 180 combined solo and assisted tackles during the regular season.
That high tackles total may be giving bettors an edge, as Super Bowl betting sites have set Bolton’s tackles prop higher than it should be.
Nick Bolton Tackles Prop
- Over 10.5 Tackles -115
- Under 10.5 Tackles -115
Nick Bolton has undoubtedly been a tackling machine for the Kansas City Chiefs, but his trends for the season suggest the under with -115 odds is the best side of his prop to be on:
- While the 180 total tackles Bolton has him averaging slightly more than 10.5 tackles per game in the regular season (10.6), that value is inflated by a few huge performances. Nick Bolton has only gone over 10.5 tackles in six of his 19 games played this season, tackling one 18 and two 16-tackle performances substantially raising his average.
- In the playoffs, tackles have been particularly hard to come by for Bolton. Despite playing 100% of snaps in both games, Bolton has gone under 10.5 tackles both times.
Justin Reid Super Bowl Tackles Prop
One other reason to bet the under on Nick Bolton’s tackle prop is because of the play of his teammate Justin Reid.
Reid has seen his tackling numbers pop over his last six games, going over his total at legal betting sites five times.
Justin Reid Tackles Prop
- Over 5.5 Tackles +100
- Under 5.5 Tackles -130
Justin Reid has proven to be a versatile safety (and kicker) this season who rarely comes off the field.
Going against a Philadelphia Eagles team that runs the ball a lot and consistently attacks the middle of the field, that versatility is likely to come in handy and result in enough tackles for Justin Reid to go over his prop and payout bettors with +100 odds.
T.J. Edwards Super Bowl Tackles Prop
In his first season starting every game T.J. Edwards led the Philadelphia Eagles in tackles with 159.
NFL betting sites set his tackles prop one tackle lower his pace his of 9.4 tackles per game.
T.J. Edwards Tackles Prop
- Over 8.5 -115
- Under 8.5 -115
Bettors on the over for T.J. Edwards’ tackles prop are likely getting a lower number for sportsbooks because he has a total of seven tackles through two postseason games.
That low 8.5 tackles prop line may be a boon for bettors, as both postseason games for the Eagles were blowouts of 24+ points.
When the Eagles have won by 24+ points, tackles have been at a premium for Edwards:
- Eagles wins of 24+ Points (4 Games): Edwards has gone under 8.5 tackles in all four victories of 24+ for the Philadelphia Eagles this season. His playing time in those games is a large reason he has not garnered many tackles, as those were the four lowest games for Edwards in terms of defensive snap percentage. Even when he was in, the game script of forcing other teams to pass in order to come from behind likely played a significant role.
- Games the Eagles did not win by 24+ (15 Games): In the 15 games that have not been blowouts in the Eagles’ favor, Edwards has had at least 9.0 tackles 10 times. T.J. Edwards averaged 9.8 tackles in games that were not big wins by Philadelphia.
The Philadelphia Eagles are favored by 1.5 points over the Kansas City Chiefs, with that tight spread likely indicative of a close game.
Close games have been a boon for Edwards’ tackling totals and may be profitable once again for bettors who trail bets on the fourth-year linebacker recording more than 8.5 tackles with -115 odds at Bovada.
Which Tackles Prop for SB LVII is Best?
|Nick Bolton: 10.5 Tackles||Over (-115)/Under (-115)|
|Justin Reid: 5.5 Tackles||Over (+100)/Under (-130)|
|T.J. Edwards: 8.5 Tackles||Over (-115)/Under (-115)|
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
News tags: Bovada | Justin Reid | Kansas City Chiefs | NFL | Nick Bolton | Philadelphia Eagles | Super Bowl | T.J. Edwards
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.