- The Vegas Golden Knights are favored at -170 odds to beat the Dallas Stars in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals.
- Anton Khudobin is starting in Goal for the Dallas Stars while Robin Lehner is the starting goalkeeper for the Golden Knights.
- The Over has hit seven out of the last eight Stars games.
LAS VEGAS – The NHL Western Conference Finals begin on Sunday with an interesting match between the Vegas Golden Knights and the Dallas Stars. Both teams are coming off of brutal and long seven-game series, but oddsmakers are giving Vegas the edge in Game 1.
For those that have been betting on the NHL all season, it’s hard to argue with the sportsbook’s logic.
Vegas had the top record in the Pacific Division and have played at the same break-neck speed throughout the NHL Bubble. The Knights are also 7-1 against their last eight opponents from the Central Division.
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Dallas Stars Odds
- Moneyline: Dallas Stars +150, Vegas Golden Knights -170
- Spread: -1.5 (+150) Golden Knights, +1.5 (-170) Dallas Stars
- Over/Under: Over 6 (EVEN), Under 6 (-120)
However, NHL bettors shouldn’t sleep on the Stars. The Stars are 4-1 in their last five playing against teams from the Pacific, but more importantly, they proved in their last series that they can go shot for shot with anyone.
The Stars have built an identity around their defensive prowess but when called to make adjustments, they did. They will need to bring their defensive A-game against Vegas. The Golden Knights’ Shea Theodore, Mark Stone, and Alex Tuch have proven their goal-scoring capability.
The Stars will be starting Anton Khudobin in goal who has done a decent job taking over for Ben Bishop. He recorded a .899 save percentage in the previous series against the Colorado Avalanche but it got the job done.
The Vegas Knights will most likely be starting Robin Lehner over the future hall-of-famer Marc-Andre Fleury. Lehner did a solid job in Game 7 against the Vancouver Canucks, though, he only faced 14 shots thanks to the Knights stellar defense that game.
Vegas seems to have the advantage at keeper, more goal scorers, and history by their side as they’ve been the Stars twice out of the three times they’ve played them this season.
Taking Vegas on the moneyline and on the spread look like the move. If betting the Over/Under keep in mind that Dallas has hit the Over in seven of their last eight games.
Keep your eyes on legal sports betting sites as the odds are subject to change before and most certainly during the game.
News tags: Alex Tuch | Anton Khudobin | Ben Bishop | Dallas Stars | Marc-Andre Fleury | Mark Stone | NHL | NHL Betting | Robin Lehner | Shea Theodore | Vegas Golden Knights | Western Conference Finals
– In his career, Hasan has worked both local and state government positions—including the Attorney General’s Office in Florida. On top of being familiar with the legislative process, he has also been researching and writing on the legality of sports betting across the US. Outside of work you’ll most likely find him producing or playing music, playing sports, or working on creative writing projects. You’ll also catch him at Doak Campbell Stadium cheering on the Noles.