- BetOnline is offer betting odds on the number of flights cancelled on Christmas.
- Based on holiday projections, the best bet on Christmas may be cancelled flights in Orlando for +350 odds.
CHICAGO – According to BetOnline, it may be best to ask Santa and any other relatives for layers of clothing, with the popular legal sportsbook suggesting that the Windy City will likely feature the most cancelled flights and lowest temperature of the major cities on Christmas Day.
Major Airport with Most Canceled Flights on Christmas Day
- Chicago (O’Hare Intl. Airport) +225
- New York (JFK Airport) +300
- Orlando (Orlando Intl Airport) +350
- Denver (Denver intl. Airport) +400
- Las Vegas (Harry Reid Intl. Airport) +500
- Seattle (Seattle-Tacoma Intl. Airport) +550
- Los Angeles (Los Angeles Intl. Airport) +750
- Atlanta (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport) +750
This type of special bet is one of the reasons that BetOnline is considered so popular. Few other legal betting sites offer similar bets, with no other offering a bet with as much value.
Betting on Orlando
Hopper media recently put out projections for the number of passengers on Christmas from major airports and put out flight cancellation rates from November.
Multiplying the projected passengers by that cancellation rate creates a seemingly fair projection that makes Orlando’s Orlando International Airport (+350) the most likely airport to lead the country in missed flights.
Keep in mind, most of these flights came from two days of hurricane closing.
Projecting Missed Flights
- Orlando (Orlando Intl Airport) (+350): 85,639 Cancelled Flights
- Chicago (O’Hare Intl. Airport) (+225): 26,155 Cancelled Flights
- Denver (Denver intl. Airport) (+400): 12,226 Cancelled Flights
- Atlanta (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport) (+750): 10,437 Cancelled Flights
- New York (JFK Airport) (+300): 7,636 Cancelled Flights
Orlando International Airport is projected to have more than three times as missed flights as any other airport in the United States on Christmas, with bets on Orlando likely the best bets of the holidays at legal sports betting sites.
Are you betting on Orlando International Airport cancelling the most flights?
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.