- The over is 8-0 in the Michigan Wolverines last eight games as an underdog at home.
- The No. 9 Miami Hurricanes have +105 underdog moneyline odds against the unranked Virginia Tech Hokies.
- The Saints have a 5-1 ATS record against a team with a losing record.
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – While there are several key SEC football games missing this weekend due to COVID-19 protocols, there are still many other games that are worth the wager.
The Big 10 features an opportunity to bet on the Michigan Wolverines vs. Wisconsin Badgers point total. The ACC features a top 10 team facing off against an unranked team with underdog odds. The NFL also features a lopsided matchup with a spread that’s one of the most tempting all weekend.
Michigan Wolverines Vs. Wisconsin Badgers Odds
- Moneyline: Wisconsin (-210), Michigan (+175)
- Spread: Wisconsin -5 (-110)
- O/U: 54
Even though Week 11 is missing the coveted betting event that is the LSU Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide, there is one tradition that is on the slate. That tradition: Betting against Jim Harbaugh in big games.
Since taking over the Michigan Wolverines program, head coach Jim Harbaugh is 9-13 against ranked opponents. He is 1-1 this season, having handling beat the Minnesota Golden Gophers to start the season, but then getting beaten by the Indiana Hoosiers just last week.
Not to mention, Michigan also lost against their state rivals in thrilling fashion two weeks ago.
Betting on Wisconsin’s moneyline odds at legal sports betting sites might be a safe bet, but bettors can get more enticing odds and possibly a greater chance of a payout when betting the Over for this game.
The over is 6-0 in the Badgers last six games as the favorite. The Over is also 8-0 in the Wolverines last eight games when playing as an underdog at home.
Miami Hurricanes vs. Virginia Tech Hokies Odds
- Moneyline: Miami (+105) Virginia Tech (-125)
- Spread: Virginia Tech -2 (-110)
- O/U: 68
It’s easy to be cynical about this betting line on the surface. Bettors might be thinking, “how is a top ten team an underdog against an unranked opponent? The oddsmakers must know something I don’t. It must be a trap!”
The odds might just be a reflection of recent performance by the teams, recent history between the two, and some matchup problems for the Hurricanes.
However, there’s one matchup the Hokies may not be able to handle and that is Hurricanes QB D’Eriq King.
While the Hurricanes barely escaped the NC State Wolfpack last Friday, D’Eriq King had 430 yards, five touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Look for him to have another big game against a Hokie defense that just let the Liberty Flames torch them for 38 points last Saturday.
Take the Hurricanes on the moneyline this week for a solid payout on a flawed but talented team.
New Orleans Saints vs. San Francisco 49ers Odds
- Moneyline: New Orleans (-460) San Francisco (+330)
- Spread: Saints -10 (-105)
- O/U: 49
The New Orleans Saints are coming off of their biggest win of the season having throttled their division rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38-3.
The 49ers, on the other hand, are coming in having gotten throttled themselves by the Green Bay Packers.
The injury bug has bitten the 49ers harder than anyone this season and that remains the case for this game.
The #49ers had four offensive stars in their shootout win in New Orleans last season: George Kittle, Emmanuel Sanders, Jimmy Garoppolo and Raheem Mostert. Of that group, only one will be in uniform Sunday: Sanders.
In a Saints uniform.
— Matt Barrows (@mattbarrows) November 11, 2020
It’s safe to say that with the Saints playing at home, they are expected to win this game comfortably. With that in mind, the best play would be betting on the Saints spread. The Saints are 5-1 ATS against teams with an overall losing record.
The -105 odds on the Saints spread would bring in a bigger payout than the -460 odds on the moneyline.
News tags: ACC | Alabama Crimson Tide | Big 10 | College Football | College Football Playoff | COVID-19 | D’Eriq King | Green Bay Packers | Indiana Hoosiers | Jim Harbaugh | LSU Tigers | Miami Hurricanes | Michigan Wolverines | Minnesota Golden Gophers | NC State Wolfpack | New Orleans Saints | NFL | San Francisco 49ers | SEC | Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Virginia Tech | Week 10 | Week 11 | Wisconsin Badgers
– In his career, Hasan has worked both local and state government positions—including the Attorney General’s Office in Florida. On top of being familiar with the legislative process, he has also been researching and writing on the legality of sports betting across the US. Outside of work you’ll most likely find him producing or playing music, playing sports, or working on creative writing projects. You’ll also catch him at Doak Campbell Stadium cheering on the Noles.