- Devin Booker +300 is favored to win
- The NBA will sponsor and official players only 2K tournament which now has odds.
- The tournament will be played one-and-done style with 16 players until the championship game.
- This brings NBA sports betting back to sportsbooks, if only for the game.
NEW YORK – Betting on the NBA has returned, just not how you may think. The NBA has officially sponsored a Players Only 2K tournament. The tournament will see real players battle it out on the basketball simulation game.
NBA Superstars like Kevin Durant and Devin Booker are just some of the names associated with the tournament, bringing some much-needed star power to the NBA betting world.
Sportsbooks have odds out for which player will take victory, with avid 2K player Devin Booker hosting the shortest odds at +300.
NBA Sports Betting Is Back
If you are itching to bet on the NBA, then this tournament may be able to fill the void. Since the coronavirus outbreak has shut down the sports world, the NBA included, there has been a significant lack of sports betting options.
Odds To Win Players Only NBA2K Tournament
- Devin Booker +300
- Kevin Durant +500
- Deandre Ayton +700
- Donovan Mitchell +700
- DeMarcus Cousins +1800
- Andre Drummond +1800
- Trae Young +500
- Michael Porter Jr. +1600
- Rui Hachimura +2200
- Hassan Whiteside +750
- Zach LaVine +1800
- Montrezl Harrell +2800
- Domantas Sabonis +2800
- Patrick Beverley +2200
- Harrison Barnes +2200
- Derrick Jones Jr. +2000
The tournament will begin on Friday, April 3 and will air on both ESPN and ESPN 2. The players will play a one and done style, with the winner being crowned the NBA 2K20 Champion. The winner will also receive $100,000 from 2K Games to donate to ongoing coronavirus relief efforts.
“We’re thrilled to partner with the NBA and NBPA to bring basketball back to fans throughout the world and to help those in need during these uncertain times,” said Jason Argent, 2K Senior Vice President.
“Entertainment, especially sports, has the ability to bring communities together – including athletes, fans, and families – and we hope that everyone will enjoy the tournament.”
The players seeding in the tournament is decided by both a player’s 2K rating, an in-game algorithm determining how good a player is in the game based on his real-world performance. The top two seeds are Kevin Durant with a 2K rating of 96 and Trae Young with a 2K rating of 90.
1. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (96)
2. Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks (90)
3. Hassan Whiteside, Portland Trail Blazers (87)
4. Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz (87)
5. Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns (86)
6. Andre Drummond, Cleveland Cavaliers (85)
7. Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls (85)
8. Montrezl Harrell, LA Clippers (85)
9. Domantas Sabonis, Indiana Pacers (85)
10. Deandre Ayton, Phoenix Suns (85)
11. DeMarcus Cousins (81)
12. Michael Porter Jr., Denver Nuggets (81)
13. Rui Hachimura, Washington Wizards (79)
14. Patrick Beverley, LA Clippers (78)
15. Harrison Barnes, Sacramento Kings (78)
16. Derrick Jones Jr., Miami Heat (78)
The tournament will run from April 3 to April 11, with odds for each game sure to pop up as the tournament persists. Legal sports betting sites will host betting lines throughout the tournament, bringing NBA betting back to sports bettors all over.
Coming from a background in narrative-based writing, Giovanni strives to write stories that will keep the reader engaged. Although he does pride himself in being accurate, how the story is told is also very important to him. When he’s not keeping readers up to date on sports betting laws and legislation, you can find him writing and recording music, playing videogames, or engaged in heated sports debates with his friends.