- Canelo Alvarez has -770 odds to beat Billy Joe Saunders.
- There are -110 odds for Canelo to win by either KO, TKO, or DQ.
DALLAS — As the boxing match between Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders continues to approach, more and more action is being laid on the match. This is shaping out to be a heavy-hitting fight between two top fighters in the world and certainly not one to miss.
— DAZN Boxing (@DAZNBoxing) May 6, 2021
What makes this fight even more intense than it already is, is that Canelo will be defending both his World Boxing Association Super Middle Weight Title and his World Boxing Council Super Middle Weight Title while Saunders is defending both of his World Boxing Organization titles.
Going into the match, legal sports betting sites have normal moneyline odds on which boxer is going to come out on top, but there are also different prop bets which include the method of victory by both fighters.
Canelo Alvarez Vs. Billy Joe Saunders
- Alvarez -770
- Saunders +450
Canelo Alvarez Vs. Billy Joe Saunders Winning Method
- Canelo Alvarez KO TKO or DQ -110
- Canelo Alvarez By Points +150
- Billy Joe Saunders By Points +550
- Tie +2000
- Billy Joe Saunders KO TKO or DQ +2200
Starting with the moneyline, there should be no questions as to why Canelo’s boxing odds going into the fight are heavily favored. Canelo holds a record of 55-1-2 while Saunders is 30-0-0.
Although Saunders is unbeaten, Canelo is a force that is not to be messed with as in his 55 victories, 37 of them have come by way of KO or TKO while Saunders has just 14 KO/TKO victories in his 30 wins.
Looking at the method of victory, bettors should be asking themselves right now, is there any other way that this fight can go other than a Canelo knockout? With 37 total KO and TKO wins in his career as mentioned before, it is hard to believe that a Canelo win would not come by this method.
As for where the most action is being laid right now, on the moneyline, 85% of both the handle and bets on DraftKings sportsbook are on Canelo winning the fight at -770 odds while just 15% is sitting on Billy Joe Saunders.
As expected, the method of victory prop bet has the majority of the action on Canelo winning by way of TKO, KO, or DQ. It is seeing 49% of the betting handle and 54% of bets while just 10% of the handle and 13% of bets are sitting on Saunders by KO, TKO, or DQ.
For bettors that are looking to keep up with the fight and their bets placed, the fight is slated to take place on Saturday, May 8 at 8:00 p.m. EST and will be shown exclusively on DAZN.
Samuel has been writing professionally for 4 years. He comes from a sports writing background where he enjoys writing mostly about basketball and football both professional and collegiate. He is a recent graduate of Florida State University where he majored in Editing, Writing and Media with a minor in Communications. During his free time, you can find him watching or playing sports as well as playing videogames and listening to music.