Indiana sportsbook

  • Indiana sports betting saw $254.445 million wagered on sports in May.
  • 92% of all wagers came from mobile sports betting applications in Indiana.
  • While handle was up, revenue was down month-over-month due to all the winning bet payouts.

INDIANAPOLIS – On Friday, the Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) released its sports betting revenue report for May, where a 7.6% increase in activity month-over-month was seen. Combined, the land-based and mobile sportsbooks statewide brought in $254.445 million in May handle.

Mobile sportsbooks made up 92% of that number with the other 8% coming from retail venues.

The Breakdown Comparison Month-Over-Month

According to the IGC report, May’s handle was $254.445 million while April had $236.403 million in wagers for the month. From a mobile sports betting view, May saw $234.002 million from their mobile sportsbooks with April seeing $214.585 million, equaling a 9% increase month-over-month.

Revenue totals were down, as May had $18.853 million and April saw $20.079 million in revenue.

This was a 6.1% decrease due to payouts to legal sports betting players for the month.

Sportsbook Contributions

Regulated sports betting in Indiana has some of the top names in the game. DraftKings brought in the bulk of business with $81.8 million in handle but only $2.94 million in GGR. FanDuel came in second with $79.3 million in wagers but a higher GGR at $7.63 million.

Third place went to BetMGM with $29.34 million in handle and $2.52 million in GGR for May.

PointsBet Sportsbook had $11.3 million in bets taken for the month and $1 million in GGR. The newcomer as of May 18 and having less than two weeks to do business for the month was Barstool Sportsbook. They posted $6.32 million in handle and $268,000 in GGR.

Overall, it was a good month for sports gaming in Indiana, especially for sports bettors as they won more than they lost according to these posted figures.

As the NBA Playoffs heat up and other sports like the French Open and the MLB are going on, June’s sports betting numbers should exceed May’s report in terms of sports betting activity in Indiana.

Advertising Disclosure

In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.

News tags: | | | | | | | | |