- Florida has the shortest odds at +600 to have the smallest margin of victory for a candidate.
- Sports bettors are taking action that the republican party will win by a %1-%1.99 margin of victory.
- Pennsylvania has the second shortest odds at +650 to have the smallest margin of victory.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The big day is finally here as Election Day is in full swing. Sports bettors are taking action on which state will have the smallest margin of victory.
In 2016, Donald Trump won over Michigan by a .3% margin of victory, the smallest margin of victory in over a century. Sports bettors are betting on a few states also having very small margins of victories.
The polls show President Trump and former VP Joe Biden are Neck and Neck in the polls in states like Florida, Pennsylvania, and Georgia.
State With The Smallest Margin Of Victory In The Presidential Election
- Florida +600
- Pennsylvania +650
- Ohio +700
- Georgia +800
- Texas +900
- North Carolina +1100
- Arizona +1200
- Iowa +1400
- Michigan +1600
- Minnesota +1800
Not surprisingly, sports bettors are betting on Florida to have the smallest margin of victory.
In 2016, President Trump beat Hillary Clinton by only 2%. Florida also has a history of being close, with most presidents winning the state by small margins of victory.
Margin Of Victory In The Presidential Election In Florida
- Republican Party By 1%-1.99% +550
- Republican Party By 2%-2.99% +550
- Republican Party By Under 1% +800
- Democratic Party By 1%-1.99% +900
- Republican Party By 3%-3.99% +900
- Democratic Party By 2%-2.99% +1000
Currently, the polls reflect a similar Trend. Biden currently leads Trump by a less than 3% margin.
This is possibly why sports bettors are taking heavy action on the Republican Party winning by 1%-1.99% or 2%-2.99%.
Pennsylvania also has short odds to have the smallest margin of victory. In 2016, Trump managed to flip the historically Democratic state by a margin of less than 1%.
Currently, Biden has a decent lead in the polls. But political bettors seem to be leaning heavily in favor of that gap closing come to the end of Election Day.
Online sportsbooks are also showing that sports bettors are leaning heavily in favor of the victor of Pennsylvania winning by a small margin.
Margin Of Victory In The Presidential Election In Pennsylvania
- Republican Party By 3% Or More +450
- Republican Party By Less Than 1% +550
- Republican Party By 1%-1.99% +700
- Republican Party By 2%-2.99% +1000
- Democratic Party By 5%-5.99% +1100
- Democratic Party By 6%-6.99% +1200
- Democratic Party By 7%-7.99% +1200
With the third shortest odds to win, Ohio is a very interesting state to look at when taking action. Currently, Ohio has the smallest margin between candidates of any of the favorites.
Donald Trump won Ohio by a wide margin in 2016, which is possibly why sports bettors aren’t taking as much action on the Buckeye State.
Margin Of Victory In The Presidential Election In Ohio
- Republican Party By 3.5% Or More EVEN
- Democratic Party By 3.5% Or More +800
- Democratic Party By Under 0.5% +1200
- Democratic Party By 0.5%-0.99% +1500
- Republican Party By Under 0.5% +1500
- Republican Party By 0.5%-0.99% +1800
- Republican Party By 3%-3.49% +2000
The Best Value
Out of all the odds, Georgia stands out as the best value to wager on. The Peach State currently has the smallest margin between candidates at the polls.
With +800 odds to win, Georgia may be the best realistic payout for political bettors.
Michigan at +1600 is the main longshot odds to look at with this betting line. The Wolverine state had the shortest margin of victory in over a hundred years in the last election at .3%. Currently, the candidates aren’t that close at the polls, however.
Sports bettors are still taking action at legal sports betting sites regardless, and possibly due to the results of the last election. Michigan was a major surprise, and we have an example of them winning in the past.
The results of this betting line will be determined in just a few hours so now is the best time to get tin on political betting action.
Coming from a background in narrative-based writing, Giovanni strives to write stories that will keep the reader engaged. Although he does pride himself in being accurate, how the story is told is also very important to him. When he’s not keeping readers up to date on sports betting laws and legislation, you can find him writing and recording music, playing videogames, or engaged in heated sports debates with his friends.