- The Jacksonville Jaguars broke the NFL record for most money spent in free agency at $175.3 million.
- The Jaguars win total for the season is 6 with -110 odds on the over.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Going into the 2022-23 NFL season, the Jacksonville Jaguars went on a spending spree in free agency. The Jags broke the record for most money spent in a free agency period with $175.3 million.
That includes six contracts that are worth over $20 million.
While the Jags are still considered a rebuilding team in the league, the one area that this could affect them is their win total for the season. The Jaguars odds on legal sports betting sites for their win total are -110 to go over 6 wins and -120 odds to stay under 6 wins.
Jacksonville Jaguars Win Total
- Over 6 wins -110
- Under 6 Wins -120
Extending The Streak
Where things get interesting for the Jaguars NFL betting odds though is that over the last five seasons, the team that has spent the most in free agency has added three wins to their total from the season before.
- In 2021, the New England Patriots spent the most and improved from 7-9 in 2020 to 10-7 in 2021.
- The Miami Dolphins went from 5-11 in 2019 to 10-6 in 2020.
- In 2018, the New York Jets went 4-12 and improved to 7-9 in 2019.
- The Chicago Bears went from 5-11 in 2017 to 12-4 in 2018.
- The Jags started off this streak going 3-13 in 2016 and 10-6 in 2017.
Four of these five teams hit the over on their win total odds in those seasons after spending big in free agency. The Jets are the lone team to not hit the over, but they did come close as their total was set at 7.5, and won 7 games.
With the Jaguars only winning just three games in 2021, they have tons of room to improve in 2022 and definitely made the moves to do so making the -110 odds on the over a valuable play.
Samuel has been writing professionally for 4 years. He comes from a sports writing background where he enjoys writing mostly about basketball and football both professional and collegiate. He is a recent graduate of Florida State University where he majored in Editing, Writing and Media with a minor in Communications. During his free time, you can find him watching or playing sports as well as playing videogames and listening to music.