Last updated on: July 10th, 2023
Legal MLS Betting
Soccer is one of the fastest-growing sports in America and by far the most popular sport worldwide; as a result, it is one of the top attractions for sports bettors. The United States professional soccer league, the MLS, is one of the most popular legal sports betting leagues at American sportsbooks. As an international sport, many state-regulated sportsbooks do not offer as wide a variety of soccer and MLS betting lines as internationally-based sportsbooks, who have decades of experience in offering soccer lines. It is important to know that no matter where in America you live, you can legally bet on the MLS online by using one of these overseas-based legal sports betting.
- MLS Betting Promotions Up To $1,000
- Bet On The MLS From Anywhere In The U.S.
- MLS Betting With Cryptocurrency
When betting on the MLS with Bovada, each individual matchup will typically have around 100 prop bets at the legal sportsbook. There are odds for the favorite to cover the spread, exact winning margin bets, total goals, and much more. There are also special team props at Bovada for each MLS matchup, including if both teams will score, the first team to score, and if either team will record a shutout. Bovada even has odds for betting on every single player’s chance to score at any point or first.
- Easy-to-use Interface
- Mobile Friendly
- Efficient Payouts
With MLS betting being one of the most popular forms of legal sports betting in the US, cryptocurrency can be used at BetOnline to place quick wagers on any matchup lines, game props, or futures. Between Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin, BetOnline offers some of the industry’s best cryptocurrencies and does not add any fees for deposits or withdrawals through the type of currency. All of the transactions process instantly when using crypto, making BetOnline the easiest book for MLS betting in the US.
- Reliable Banking Methods
- Strong Server Connection
- 10+ Year Track Record
- Huge Assortment Of Odds
- No App Mobile Betting
Whether wanting to place wagers on live MLS game odds or future wagers on the winning MLS team, MyBookie has bonuses that will increase the amount bet and increase the potential payouts. There are both welcome bonuses and reload bonuses that could be a maximum of $1,000 and can be used on any of the available sports lines and odds at the legal sportsbook. These bonuses help MLS bettors get more skin in the game and gradually build up a profitable bankroll.
- Huge Player Bonuses
- Consistent Odds
- Easy Interface
- Rapid Live Betting
- Takes Cryptocurrency
XBet has proven to be one of the top online sportsbooks for MLS betting and their new users bonuses back that up. New users have the opportunity to earn up to $500 matched on your first deposit as they match your first deposit by 50%. They also offer you a $250 reload bonus on every other deposit after that so that you always have bonus funds in your account for when you are ready to bet on the MLS.
- Worry-free Legal Betting
- Exclusive Bonus Offers
- Constantly Updated Odds
- Premier User Experience
- Full Mobile + Live Betting
Reliability and safety are top priorities of SportsBetting and they make it know with all of the features that they have in place. That includes backend encrypted links that secure your personal and financial information on both the SportsBetting servers and your web browser. They also have some incredible customer service that will get on the phone and walk you through any solution at all hours of the day and any day of the week.
- Efficient Site Layout
- Full Mobile Betting Suite
- Available Customer Service
- Trustworthy Banking Options
- Fast Payout Times
Is It Legal To Bet On The MLS In All 50 States?
There are sportsbooks accepting MLS players and bets all throughout the US. Online sportsbooks are accessible for every US resident and these books host odds on the MLS. Some states also have retail operations that offer MLS odds. Popular legal online sportsbooks can offer odds to MLS fans regardless of state regulations; meaning even states without regulated betting can see MLS odds at these sportsbooks. Those looking for legal MLS odds will not struggle to find options. MLS betting sites take wagers from all 50 states throughout the year, including the offseason.
The Difference Between Land-Based & Online Sportsbooks
Having both land-based and online sportsbooks accepting US players, MLS betting is a breeze. Both land based US sportsbooks and online ones offer single-game and season-long odds on the MLS, but there are some major distinctions between the two types of sportsbooks.
- Land-Based MLS Sportsbooks: The primary reason to go to a land-based in-person sportsbook to bet on MLS games is the comradery within the building and the quick collection process for winnings. Land-based sportsbooks are not available in all states, nor are they guaranteed to be close by in a state that offers legal sports betting, but they do offer a great atmosphere to bet on and watch games. One con of in-person sports betting is that the home team often gets the majority of the bets, making the odds worse and payouts less for their bettors.
- Online MLS Sportsbooks: Online sportsbooks may not offer payouts at the cage-like in-person sportsbooks, but they dominate in every other aspect. There are more odds, better prices, and large bonuses available to MLS bettors through internet-based sports betting sites. Banking methods are plentiful with these sites, with players able to receive quick and easy payouts through many of their available payout options.
Current MLS Futures Odds
Kicking off on February 26th, the Major League Soccer season has seen Los Angeles FC overtake defending champion New York City FC as the betting favorite to take home the Anshutz Trophy. MLS bettors are not bound to bet on the winner of the Cup, but they may also bet on the league’s top scorer. Betting on the MLS’s top scorer can add excitement for all players, while also allowing bettors to bet on their favorite players.
Signing Up With Legal MLS Betting Sites
There are a wide variety of MLS betting sites legally available to US players, and each only requires a few minutes to sign up. Online sportsbooks like Bovada, SportsBetting, and MyBookie (among others) are the top options for MLS betting. While the legal sports betting age varies, there are books taking MLS bets starting at 18 and up and capping at a minimum of 21. In order to get started, you will then need to provide some personal information to verify the account holder’s identity. Once that is complete, the player will be ready to make their first deposit and start their MLS betting journey.
Shopping Lines At MLS Sportsbooks
The fact that you can only create one account per site should incentivize you to make an account with more than just one site. This will actually work to your favor when trying to make the most money from your MLS betting.
Each site may have slightly different odds for the same game. One site might have the LA Galaxy listed at (-120) betting odds to win while the other may have them at (-130). While this may not sound like a big difference it will surely add up as the season progresses. By shopping lines, you could potentially save hundreds by season’s end when someone hoists the MLS Cup.
Making Your Sportsbook Deposit
While it depends on the book, there are many sports betting deposit methods to choose from for MLS betting.
If you’re using a legal sportsbook that accepts players in your state you will have slightly different options than using one located offshore and you will have to check your state laws to find out which methods are offered. However, seeing as how offshore books are still the primary method to bet on the MLS, you can deposit in a number of different ways.
If you want to make a deposit instantly, you’ll be able to use a variety of options. Even though credit card sportsbooks are the most commonly found for MLS betting, there are sportsbooks taking cryptocurrencies, prepaid cards, bank transfers, money orders, and more. Deposits through cryptocurrencies deposit almost immediately and tend to have lower minimum and higher maximum amounts than other forms of depositing.
Cryptos Available At Legal US Online Sportsbooks
Depending on the sportsbook that is being used to bet on the MLS, the deposit methods with crypto vary from $1,500 to unlimited payouts. There are no fees involved for crypto, which is the fastest sportsbook payout method, giving winnings back instantly.
- Bitcoin – $10 Minimum
- Litecoin – $10 Minimum
- Ethereum – $50 Minimum
- Tether – $50 Minimum
Picking The Right MLS Betting Bonus
This is one of the best discussions to have because the fact that players have to debate on which bonuses is the best for them means that there are plenty of options. These online sportsbooks have all the soccer games that players want and this means that signing up for an account will not only help them when it comes to soccer games but also other sports. The fact that sports betting bonuses are here will attract a lot of players to sign up and come back. This is where bonuses like welcome bonuses, or bitcoin bonuses will be offered. Picking the right MLS betting bonus is based on a player’s presence. There will be all kinds of bonuses offered every day on online sportsbooks like Bovada, MyBookie and others.
MLS Betting Bonuses By Sportsbook
|Sportsbook||Bonus Type||Max Bonus||Rollover|
|Bovada||Welcome (First Time)||$250||5x|
|BetOnline||Crypto Reload (Existing Players)||$350||8x|
|MyBookie||Reload (Existing Players)||No Limit ($100 min deposit)||6x|
How To Bet On MLS Games
For every MLS game, there are generally over 100 different betting lines available. The types of MLS bets break down into common wagers or prop bets. Each MLS betting site will offer a slight variance in their betting lines and odds.
Common MLS Bets
- Moneyline – You are picking who you think will win the game, no matter what the goal differential is.
- Spread – This takes the final score and adds or subtracts the team’s spread to determine what bet wins.
- Total – This prediction is what that number of total goals will be, and you select over or under that amount.
- Futures – For any event or season long bet, a futures bet locks in the odds whenever you submit your action.
MLS Prop Betting Types
- Draw No Bet – A moneyline bet, this removes the draw aspect of a soccer game. Pick the winner at the end of fulltime/extra time.
- Alternate Spread – Expand or cut the spread in exchange for better or worse odds. Spreads are sometimes cut in half as two bets in soccer.
- Double Chance – Picking who will win the game but also deciding who will be leading at half. This can be a great way to bet on a heavy favorite.
- Both Teams To Score – Deciding that regardless of score, total goals, or the spread, both teams will score.
- Shutout Win – These odds are longer for bad teams or those expected to lose. All this asks is if a team win will to nil.
- Clean Sheet – Almost the same as a shutout win, this bet requires 0 points from the opponent. But, your team bet doesn’t have to win.
- High Scoring Half – This choice asks whether the first half or second half will have more goals. Often, “draw” is an option, boosting the odds.
- Correct Score – While difficult to hit, correct score bets come with large payouts. This is choosing the winner by an exact score.
- First Team To Score – The first team to score odds always favor the favorite. Still, this bet can sneak up on some and go the opposite way.
- Exact Goals Scored – Like the correct score, this is picking the correct number of goals in the match. A 2-4 goal match is the most common in large leagues.
- Score In Both Halves – Focused on one team, the score in both halves bet poses that question. Large favorites find this bet successful.
- Total Corners – Set as an over-under or in the exact format, this is picking the number of corners. Check playing style for some research information.
- First Player To Score – Often with long odds, betting the first player to score is a great payout. Yet, with 22 players on the pitch, it can be difficult to hit.
- Anytime Goal Scorer – An easier version of above, the anytime goal scorer bets on one player to find the net. This can happen at any point from the first second to the last.
Betting On The MLS From Your Phone
The biggest perk to sports betting on a phone is that you don’t have to be tied down to a computer or waiting in line for a sportsbook writer to take in your wager. You can instead, head out to the game in person, enjoy the stadium atmosphere, and place your wagers there. All the features of a full-service sportsbook are only a few taps away. Online offshore sportsbooks that have betting lines for MLS also have mobile-optimized sites so that you can spend more time watching the game, and less time trying to find odds for the match. These sites are available on both Android phones and iPhones (and almost any other mobile device) so you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues.
Live Betting On MLS Games
Many of the league’s games can be intense, leaving the door open for live betting on MLS games. Even for lopsided games, action can still be put on them as a way to spice them up. The fun thing about live in-game sports betting on the MLS is the accepted bet types. Live betting on MLS games is one of the top ways that players can flip their money as the game continues. A game with a total of 90 minutes goes to show you that you won’t have a lot of time to make decisions so you have to be decisive in making these bets. All online sportsbooks have this option which makes them much better than any land-based sportsbook. Live betting on these MLS games can only enhance the number of cash players can win.