Last updated on: September 18th, 2023
Sportsbooks That Accept Zelle – Best Zelle Sports Betting Sites
There are plenty of sportsbooks that accept Zelle as a form of payment. For those unfamiliar with it, Zelle is a digital payment network that operates for certain banks. These banks are Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, US Bank, Citibank, and Wells Fargo. If you have an account with any of these banks, then it is entirely possible that you already have access to Zelle. Having the ability to use Zelle to fund your legal sports betting account is amazing because of how fast and easy it is to do so. But is it legal to use Zelle at offshore betting sites? Does Zelle run into any issues when it comes to federal sports betting laws? There are a lot of different questions that you might have before using the best Zelle sports betting sites
But throughout this page, we are going to tell you how exactly you can use Zelle to fund your sports betting account.
Best Zelle Sports Betting Sites
There are plenty of Zelle sports betting sites but not all of them have the same benefits. Knowing the differences between the top Zelle sports betting sites will only make you a better gambler by finding the proper bonus, deposit limit, or transaction speed that you value most. We reviewed the following sportsbooks that take Zelle for depositing, each having their own benefits.
Using Zelle at Bovada is rather simple, as the data is laid out in the terms quite clearly. As one of the only sportsbooks that accept Zelle as a payment method, Bovada can make funding a breeze. By using Matchpay with Bovada, players can link their Zelle to Matchpay and make player-to-player trades on business days (or see action happen the next business day). All trades are secure and private letting you create an order to find a match from $20-$1,000 amongst a peer. Simply verify your account, and set up an order to exchange Bovada money with a player that is looking to withdraw their money. Bovada accepts Zelle but does not offer bonuses for this type of deposit. Still, Bovada is clearly the best place to bet on sports using Zelle.
- $20 Minimum Zelle Deposit
- $1,000 Maximum Zelle Deposit
- Same-day Money Zelle Transfer
- Secure Transactions With Zelle
- Customer Service Help Options
While BetOnline does not accept Zelle in a literal sense, you can use Zelle to buy Bitcoin, a cryptocurrency token that is accepted at BetOnline. All you need for this is an exchange that accepts Zelle money transfer, and you can then purchase Bitcoin with Zelle, and use that Bitcoin to deposit into BetOnline. The biggest upside of this is that you get bigger bonuses for using crypto than for anything else, so it’s worth your time.
- Instant Sign Up Bonuses
- Exclusive Parlay Offers
- Browser-friendly Mobile Sportsbook
- Reliable Customer Service
MyBookie does not take Zelle outright, but they will accept Bitcoin, so if you want to use Zelle to place sports bets at MyBookie, you’ll have to do so by way of Bitcoin. While MyBookie does waive fees on crypto deposits, BetOnline and Bovada have more generous Bitcoin bonuses, so if you do want to go this route, we recommend it only if you have specific odds you want to wager on at MyBookie that nobody else offers – which is possible, as they’re a very highly developed entertainment sportsbook.
- Compatible With All Mobile Devices
- Bet With Bitcoin
- Live Betting
- Prop Builder
How To Deposit With Zelle At Bovada
Bovada utilizes a service called MatchPay that allows players to instantly make sportsbook deposits into their account through Zelle. MatchPay connects different players and allows them to purchase each other’s betting credits. The simple steps for completing the deposit process with Zelle can be found below:
- Visit Bovada head to the deposit section and click on “MatchPay”.
- Create a MatchPay account and scan the marketplace for players selling their funds.
- After finding a match, send the player a request to purchase their betting credits.
- Once an agreement has been made with another player, notify Bovada of the request.
- Using Zelle, the player funding their account will send the player withdrawing real money.
- After this has been verified, Bovada will then transfer the betting credits between the accounts.
Other Payment Services Accepted By MatchPay
While Zelle is a secure and popular payment service in the US, other services can also be used through MatchPay to fund a legal sports betting account. All of the sportsbooks that take Zelle feature instant deposits once the transfer is verified, no matter which MatchPay method at Bovada is used.
- Cash App
- Apple Pay
- Samsung Pay
How To Deposit With Zelle Through Bitcoin
Zelle is a payment service that can be used to purchase Bitcoin instantly through a few different crypto exchange sites. After purchasing BTC with Zelle, players will request a transfer of the funds to their sportsbook of choice. This process is simple and requires the player to copy the address created by the sportsbook for a Bitcoin deposit reception and paste the address into their crypto wallet holding the Bitcoin. There are no fees for this transaction. Zelle bettors can use Binance P2P, Paxful, and LocalBitcoins to purchase BTC with Zelle and can then send it directly to the players legal sports betting account.
The Legality Of Zelle Sports Betting Sites
Zelle is a legal banking method for online sports betting. If the online sportsbook accepts Zelle as a deposit method, then you will find no legal barrier in using Zelle to fund your betting account. The only hiccup you may run into is that Zelle is not as widely available in every sportsbook. The good news is that you can use Zelle to buy Bitcoin, showing how flexible the top Zelle sports betting sites are.
How To Bet On Sports With Zelle
The process of betting with Zelle is no different than any other deposit method.
- Set Up Zelle With Your Bank – This fast process can be done from your local bank’s app by linking Zelle to your email or phone number.
- Choose Zelle To Deposit – After creating a sports betting account, select Zelle as the banking method and link your account.
- Transfer With Zelle – Once linked, you will be able to transfer money from your checking account into the best Zelle sports betting sites.
Benefits Of Using A Zelle Sportsbook
- No credit card information used online
- Get a Zelle bonus for sports betting
- Money in your account in minutes
- Secure, legal, and safe transaction
Drawbacks Of Zelle Deposits At Betting Sites
- Can’t send from Zelle to sportsbook directly
- Finding a match for the same amount to transfer
How To Create A Zelle Account
- Check to make sure that your bank is eligible to use Zelle.
- Read and accept Zelle’s terms and conditions.
- Use an email address or phone number to create an account.
- Choose which bank account you want connected to Zelle.
- Zelle may send an initial verification code, so enter code as necessary.
Zelle Sportsbook Deposit Help
When using Zelle to fund your online sports betting account, running into problems is a reality. However, we have deposited with Zelle ourselves which has led us to common problems and troubleshooting methods.
Pending or processing status – If the Zelle transfer holds its status as pending or processing, look to give the transaction just a little more time. What is called “instant credits” only occur during M-F business hours as weekend trades get pushed to the next business day. A status that is pending has not been seen by the other peer while a status that is processing likely is awaiting the start of the business day.
Not finding a match – Not every MatchPay transaction happens, as the peer-to-peer system can have unmatched orders open. Trying other methods (PayPal, Venmo, CashApp) may allow you to find a quicker transaction. However, if you’re locked into using Zelle to deposit into your sportsbook, review your information and look to reapply an order.
MatchPay balance – While your money is in MatchPay, keep in mind that the credit balance shows the amount of money available to withdraw associated with your Bovada account. This credit cannot be sent to a bank account but rather one of the approved third-party apps (like Zelle). Your account is likely 100% to Bovada and has no other trade destinations.
Customer service – Should anything go wrong in your mind, there is customer service help available. Keep in mind that moderators aren’t present during trades, so only follow Bovada’s instructions… not the person on the other side of the transactions’. If attempting to resolve the issue with the other party isn’t happening (through the chat feature), email firstname.lastname@example.org to have some assistance.
Account verification – Before being able to make a Zelle deposit, you must first set up your MatchPay account. This requires an email and phone number to be verified before creating an ID and password for MatchPay.
Order vs. offer – When transferring with Zelle, the system calls a deposit an order whereas a withdrawal is an offer. Think of it as buying or selling credits for money. If you are depositing, you are looking to buy credits (order) that can be used for your sportsbook bankroll. If you are withdrawing, you are looking to sell credits (offer) that can be used to get money from the sportsbook to your third-party app.
Bonuses – Unfortunately, bonuses are not a common thing when using a Zelle sportsbook. While other methods of deposit come with deposit bonuses, MatchPay deposits, including ones using Zelle, do not come with a bonus unless specified elsewhere. This even extends to new players bonuses as well as refer-a-friend ones. Some bonuses come with crazy rollover requirements, so sometimes it’s best to just bet the money you have on hand.
Why Zelle Isn’t Available At Some Sportsbooks
With Zelle being a direct bank transfer app, many banks will block transfers directly to and from gambling operators. This is a financial institution issue and not an issue with the sportsbook itself. Sometimes players are able to fund sportsbooks directly through Zelle but other times these transactions will be blocked by the bank itself. Discover which online sportsbook accepts Zelle as a deposit method from their cashier or banking page.
Alternatives To Using Zelle At Legal Sports Betting Sites
The sportsbooks that take Zelle also offer another route to find either larger depositing maximums or some form of a bonus. Understanding the other two main deposit and withdrawal options offered by legal sportsbooks can be key when determining if Zelle is best for you. Those payment methods are:
- Cryptocurrency: The most popular payment method into and out of sportsbooks is cryptocurrency. Crytpo is a great option due to their deposit limits that range from $5,000 to $500,000, their bonuses that are consistently the highest offered by any online sports betting site, and their speed. Cryptocurrency can be bought and transferred to an online sportsbook through a crypto wallet such as Coinbase or Cash App.
- Credit/Debit Cards: If simplicity and ease of payment is the goal, then it is impossible to beat using a credit or debit card to deposit into an online sportsbook. The minimum credit card sportsbook deposit is typically in the range of $20-$50 while the maximum ranges from $1,500 to $5,000. The two main detractors of credit card transactions are the fees(between 6%-15.9%) and the inability to withdraw back onto the card. Players often choose to withdraw via check by courier or through match pay options such as Zelle.