- The Breeders’ Cup World Championships begin on Friday, with five races giving players an excellent opportunity to grow their bankrolls by learning about the favorite for each race and one underdog.
- The Breeder’s Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint is the first betting option of the day, with The Platinum Queen (5/2) the favorite, while Tyler’s Tribe at 12/1 makes for an interesting underdog pick based on a perfect record.
- Chocolate Gelato (7/2) is the betting favorite in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies race, with past speeds reached by Leave No Trace making the horse a viable longshot with 10/1 odds.
- The shortest odds in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf race belong to G Laurie at 2/1, but Last Call (14/1) may be the best bet based on a recent win over the favorite.
- Likely the two best horses of the day, betting on either Cave Rock (20/27) or Forte (7/2) to win the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile race makes sense given their fast speed scores.
- Silver Knott is the betting favorite in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf race with 7/4 odds, but betting on underdogs such as Major Dude (8/1) and Andthewinneris (7/1) is a better bet at legal racebooks and sportsbooks.
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Breeders’ Cup World Championships begin on Friday, with online racebooks and sportsbooks offering odds on all five Juvenile races.
Bovada is offering odds on all five Grade 1 races, which will be a mix of Fillies and Colts that are all two years old.
Despite the youth and relative lack of experience of many horses, researching each race means players may be able to gain a leg up on their sportsbook and grow their bankroll in advance of the main event, the Breeders’ Cup Classic, on Saturday night.
Taking a look at each of the favorites and one under-the-radar horse at top horse racing sites is an excellent way to begin that research into Future Stars Friday at the Breeders’ Cup World Championships.
Betting on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint – 3:00 PM
- Distance: 5 1/2 Furlongs
- Surface: Turf
- Betting on the Favorite: The Platinum Queen 5/2 (+250) – Coming off a Grade 1 victory at the Prix de l’Abbaye de Longchamp, The Platinum Queen has now gone five straight races of cashing place bets. With such as strong form heading into the race, it is not surprising to see the Richard Fahey trained and Hollie Doyle jockeyed horse so high up on the odds boards. That previous victory at Prix de l’Abbaye de Longchamp was particularly important for players to see when betting on the Juvenile Turf Sprint at the Breeders’ Cup because it was the Filly’s first win in a Grade 1 race.
- Betting on a Long-Shot: Tyler’s Tribe 12/1 (+1200) – For the first time in Tyler’s Tribe’s young career, the horse will not be racing on the Prairie Meadow’s track in Des Moines, Iowa. That lack of experience in unfamiliar environments provides believers in Tyler’s Tribe to get longer odds at legal betting sites than they normally would, as the horse has yet to lose a race in its career. Tyler’s Tribe is a strong bet based on the distances of his past races, as each of his past four has been at least 5 1/2 furlongs, with the last two being six furlongs. With little threat of exhaustion and a perfect record betting on Tyler’s Tribe to win the opening race of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships is a very strong option.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint Odds
- Lady Hollywood 16/1 (+1600)
- Love Reigns 7/2 (+350)
- Private Creed 7/1 (+700)
- Dramatised 10/1 (+1000)
- Mischief Magic 9/1 (+900)
- Persian Force 10/1 (+1000)
- Oxymore 25/1 (+2500)
- American Apple 20/1 (+2000)
- Sharp Aza Tack 20/1 (+2000)
- Tyler’s Tribe 12/1 (+1200)
- Speed Boat Beach 7/1 (+700)
- The Platinum Queen 5/2 (+250)
Betting on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies – 3:40 PM
- Distance: 1 1/16 Miles
- Surface: Dirt
- Betting on the Favorite: Chocolate Gelato 7/2 (+350) – Trained by the legendary Todd Pletcher, Chocolate Gelato is likely the best bet of the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies race because of Pletcher’s training and the Filly’s win at Frizette on October 2, 2022. In that win, Chocolate Gelato beat out You’re My Girl, Leave No Trace, and American Rocket, all of which will be participating in this race. The history of beating other horses already in this race is an excellent resume builder for Chocolate Gelato, especially given that the Frizette was the longest race that the horse had ever run at one mile long.
- Betting on a Longshot: Leave No Trace 10/1 (+1000) – Despite the recent third-place finish behind Chocolate Gelato and You’re My Girl, Leave No Trace presents an interesting option for bettors because in previous races the horse had reached Equibase speed scores that Chocolate Gelato had never reached. The specific performance that was most impressive by Leave No Trace was the victory at the Grade 1 Spinaway Stakes at Saratoga, as the horse beat Wonder Wheel, American Rocket, and Sabra Tuff in the process.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Odds
- Vegas Magic 33/1 (+3300)
- You’re My Girl 12/1 (+1200)
- And Tell Me Nolies 13/2 (+650)
- Sabra Tuff 40/1 (+4000)
- Wonder Wheel 4/1 (+400)
- Alma Rosa 33/1 (+3300)
- Chop Chop 5/1 (+500)
- Atomically 8/1 (+800)
- Grand Love 16/1 (+1600)
- Chocolate Gelato 7/2 (+350)
- American Rockette 25/1 (+2500)
- Shoplifter 25/1 (+2500)
- Leave No Trace 10/1 (+1000)
- Raging Sea 8/1 (+800)
Betting on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf – 4:20 PM
- Distance: 1 Mile
- Surface: Turf
- Betting on the Favorite: G Laurie 2/1 (+200) – With +200 odds and one win in two career races, G Laurie is favored because the Filly has shown the ability to race on one-mile-long tracks. G Laurie may be a curious favorite, because the horse came in third at the Natalma Stakes in September, finishing behind Last Call and Cairo Consort.
Betting on an Underdog: Last Call 14/1 (+1400) – It may be too easy to bet on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf race simply based on recent form, but getting Last Call at 14-1 odds after beating G Laurie and Cairo Consort on a one-mile track back in September seems like a relatively obvious wager to make. The identical setup and similar competitors make Last Call the best bet for the Juvenile Fillies Turf race.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf Odds
- Comanche Country 12/1 (+1200)
- Cairo Consort 16/1 (+1600)
- Last Call 14/1 (+1400)
- Free Look 7/1 (+700)
- Pleasant Passage 8/1 (+800)
- Be Your Best 11/1 (+1100)
- Spirit Gal 16/1 (+1600)
- Manhattan Jungle 40/1 (+4000)
- Delight 5/1 (+500)
- Meditate 7/2 (+350)
- G Laurie 2/1 (+200)
- Midnight Mile 10/1 (+1000)
- Xigera 12/1 (+1200)
- Basil Martini 12/1 (+1200)
Betting on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile – 5:00 PM
- Distance: 1 1/16 Mile
- Surface: Dirt
- Betting on the Favorite: Cave Rock 20/27 (-135) – In a race that features two of the best horses of the day, Cave Rock is the outright favorite over the field for many different reasons. The two-year-old colt has posted extremely fast speed scores of 102 and 94 in back-to-back Grade 1 races of 102 and 94. Cave Rock’s most recent addition to its undefeated resume was at the American Pharoah Stakes, which saw the horse beat out National Treasure. The only outright favorite on Friday, Cave Rock appears to be on an extremely high and fast trajectory going forward.
Betting on an Underdog: Forte 7/2 (+350) – After a 105-speed score at the Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity at this very track on October 10, 2022, betting on Forte with +350 odds may not come with the extreme payouts of other underdogs, but it comes with a much higher likelihood of success. Forte’s top speed may be faster than Cave Rock’s, and the horse also has the benefit of getting trained by Todd Pletcher.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Odds
- Hurricane J 33/1 (+3300)
- Congruent 66/1 (+6600)
- Cave Rock 20/27 (-135)
- Forte 7/2 (+350)
- Verifying 16/1 (+1600)
- Blazing Sevens 7/1 (+700)
- Wound Up 66/1 (+6600)
- Lost Ark 20/1 (+2000)
- Curly Jack 20/1 (+2000)
- National Treasure 8/1 (+800)
Betting on the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf – 5:40 PM
- Distance: 1 Mile
- Surface: Turf
- Betting on the Favorite: Silver Knott 7/4 (+175) – In what will be Silver Knott’s first Grade 1 race, oddsmakers are betting on the horse to make a strong first impression on American soil. Silver Knott has won two of its past three races, although the lone non-victory coming at the Grade 2 level may be concerning.
- Betting on an Underdog: Major Dude 8/1 (+800) or Andthewinneris 7/1 (+700): The only two horses to have won its last race at the Grade 2 level, betting on Major Dude or Andthewinneris with 8/1 and 7/1 odds are strong bets. Silver Knott has gotten a lot of publicity as a foreign horse, but that has let both horses slip through the cracks. Major Dude’s victory at the Pilgrim Stakes came over fellow Juvenile Turf competitors in I’m Very Busy and Battle Of Normandy, while Andthewinneris’ latest victory at the Castle & Key Bourbon Stakes was at this same racetrack.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Odds
- Victoria Road 8/1 (+800)
- Packs A Wahlop 7/1 (+700)
- Curly Larry And Mo 50/1 (+5000)
- Silver Knott 7/4 (+175)
- Battle Of Normandy 20/1 (+2000)
- Andthewinneris 7/1 (+700)
- Really Good 33/1 (+3300)
- I’m Very Busy 6/1 (+600)
- Nagirroc 16/1 (+1600)
- Webslinger 14/1 (+1400)
- Reckoning Force 33/1 (+3300)
- Mo Stash 33/1 (+3300)
- Major Dude 8/1 (+800)
- Gaslight Dancer 25/1 (+2500)
Are you tailing the favorites at the Breeders’ Cup?
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
News tags: Andthewinneris | Bovada | Breeders' Cup Classic | Breeders’ Cup | Cave Rock | Chocolate Gelato | Forte | Horse Racing | Leave No Trace | Major Dude | Silver Knott | The Platinum Queen | Tyler’s Tribe
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.