- The US Open tees off in one week at The Country Club in Brookline Massachusetts.
- Comparing BetOnline to other top US sanctioned sportsbooks reveals as good or better odds on the twelves highest rated favorites.
- Golf bettors that are planning to bet on Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson to dominate in their return must line shop to get the largest payouts.
BROOKLINE, Mass. – The 2022 US Open is officially a week away, and online sportsbooks are all over the place with their odds.
Whether it is the favorites, or even on the golfers traveling back stateside from the LIV golf league, the lack of consensus by odds makers means now is the best time to bet on the US Open.
Comparing Odds On The Favorites
When line shopping for the best odds amongst the favorites to win any major on the PGA Tour, it is rare to see this much difference between the top-rated players.
Comparing BetOnline, DraftKings, And Caesar’s Sportsbook
PGA Tour sportsbooks often will differ on their odds by +100 or maybe +200, but line shopping between some of the top legal online sportsbooks reveals huge differences in potential payouts at the US Open:
- Of the 12 golfers with the best odds at the US Open, BetOnline’s odds are either equal to or better than DraftKings and Caesar’s for all of them.
- The difference between BetOnline’s Collin Morikawa odds and DraftKing’s is +1100.
- BetOnline pays out an extra 50 cents per dollar bet when comparing their Brooks Koepka odds to DraftKings and Caesar’s.
Betting Odds On LIV Golfers At The US Open
Another interesting group of golfers at the US Open is the top players from the LIV Invitational golf league. The PGA Tour may have suspended them, but according to recent announcements the US Open the LIV golfers to play.
In what will surely garner a ton of national coverage in the coming week, the return of Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson to a primarily PGA Tour field may cause those two to try harder out of spite for their old league.
That may be a primary betting strategy for some, so it is vital for the bettors to find the best odds on those players.
Comparing The Odds On LIV Golfers
BetOnline once again offers as good or better odds on all the top LIV Golfers at the US Open. Just like with Brooks Koepka, betting on Dustin Johnson at BetOnline means at least an extra 50 cents per dollar bet when compared to DraftKings and Caesar’s.
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.