- Democrat Christopher Coons won the Delaware Senate Election after closing with -10000 odds.
- Republican Tommy Tuberville had -714 odds to win the Senate Race in Alabama and won the seat over Democrats.
- Coming into Election Day the Republicans had a four-seat lead over the Democrats in the Senate.
WASHINGTON D.C. – The US Senate races across the board have aligned with what sportsbooks predicted as many candidates that were favored did end up winning their elections.
While the control of the Senate still hangs in the balance as many polls start reporting results, there have already been some crucial races decided that could shift the control of the Senate to the Democratic Party.
Legal sportsbooks had a pretty decent pulse on the Senate races as most of the candidates that were favored did win their Senate seats.
Below are the Senate Election winners along with their betting odds going into Election Day if you bet on these politicians you may have some extra funds added to your bankroll.
Winning Senate Betting Odds
- Alabama – (R) Tommy Tubervillle (-714)
- Arkansas – (R) Tom Cotton (-10000)
- Colorado – (D) John Hickenlooper (-588)
- Delaware – (D) Christopher Coons (-10000)
- Idaho – (R) Jim Risch (-10000)
- Illinois – (D) Richard Durbin
- Kansas – (R) Roger Marshall (-345)
- Kentucky – (R) Mitch McConnell (-1667)
- Mississippi – (R) Cindy Hyde-Smith(-5000)
- Nebraska – (R) Ben Sasse (-10000)
- New Hampshire – (D) Jeanne Shaheen (-5000)
- New Jersey – (D) Cory Booker (-10000)
- North Carolina – (D) Cal Cunningham (-200)
- Oregon – (D) Jeff Merkley (-10000)
- Oklahoma – (R) Jim Inhofe (-10000)
- Rhode Island – (D) Jack Reed (-10000)
- South Carolina – (R) Lindsey Graham (-333)
- South Dakota – (R) Mike Rounds (-10000)
- Tennessee – (R) Bill Hagerty (-10000)
- Virginia – (D) Mark Warner (-10000)
- West Virginia – (R) Shelley Moore Capito (-10000)
The early returns on the Senate races show that the Republicans are on pace to keep control of the Senate as Alabama electing Tommy Tuberville flipped at least one seat in the Republican’s favor thus far.
Coming into Election Day, the Republicans were aiming to keep their 51-47 majority in the US Senate and it seems as though they’ll keep their lead although they may not have grown their majority at all.
Glancing over the political betting odds at the time of press no underdog has won any of the Senate races meaning that sportsbooks have forecasted the results correctly.
While it remains to be seen if sportsbooks can continue this streak in some of the West Coast states, early indications show that this trend will continue and Republicans will likely maintain control of the Senate but it will be close.
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
News tags: 2020 US Senate Elections | Alabama | Arkansas | Colorado | Idaho | Jim Risch | John Hickenlooper | Kentucky | Rhode Island | Tom Cotton | Tommy Tuberville | US Senate
Coming from a strong background of writing, Robert writes stories that not only inform the reader but introduce them to new perspectives about topics they may already know. When not pumping out content Robert enjoys playing NBA 2k, and watching any sports that are on TV.