- Super Bowl betting odds remained relatively stagnant at the top of odds boards, with minimal changes made even though multiple teams clinched playoff spots.
- Larger changes can be found mostly by teams that saw their odds get longer, although the Carolina Panthers and Green Bay Packers both saw their odds get considerably shorter.
- Eight teams have been removed from playoff contention and Super Bowl 57 sportsbooks.
BUFFALO – Following the completion of Week 16 nine teams have clinched playoff berths, with each of those nine teams represented at the top of Bovada’s Super Bowl 57 futures odds board.
SUPER BOWL 57 (2023) – Odds to Win
- Buffalo Bills +375
- Philadelphia Eagles +450
- Kansas City Chiefs +475
- San Francisco 49ers +600
- Cincinnati Bengals +800
- Dallas Cowboys +1100
- Minnesota Vikings +2200
- Los Angeles Chargers +2500
- Baltimore Ravens +2800
How did Week 16 Outcomes Affect Sportsbooks?
Despite multiple teams locking up playoff spots, the top teams that clinched have only seen their odds shift slightly at NFL betting sites.
The only team among the top nine that saw their odds either lengthen or shorten by more than 50 was the Baltimore Ravens who went from +3000 before Week 16 to +2800 after.
To see large changes amongst teams that are still options at Super Bowl betting sites, players must look at teams that saw their playoff hopes shrink in Week 16:
- Las Vegas Raiders – Before Week 16: +25000 and After Week 16: +100000
- New England Patriots – Before Week 16: +12500 and After Week 16: +40000
- New York Jets – Before Week 16: +15000 and After Week 16: +40000
- Carolina Panthers – Before Week 16: +30000 and After Week 16: +15000
- Seattle Seahawks – Before Week 16: +10000 and After Week 16: +25000
Of that group of five, only the Carolina Panthers had their odds shortened after Week 16.
The only other team that had an odds shortening near the Panthers’ caliber was the Green Bay Packers who went from +15000 to +5000 after Week 16.
Green Bay’s Super Bowl odds shortened at legal sports betting sites because of their victory over the Miami Dolphins and because multiple teams in front of them in the standings lost.
The Packers play the Minnesota Vikings in Week 17 on New Year’s Day as a 3.5-point favorite, with the Cheese Heads needing a win this week and in Week 18 over the Detroit Lions.
Which Teams Were Eliminated in Week 16
Two teams have dropped off of Bovada’s Super Bowl 57 odds board after Week 16, with eight teams now totally removed:
- Indianapolis Colts (Eliminated Week 16)
- Cleveland Browns (Eliminated Week 16)
- Atlanta Falcons
- Arizona Cardinals
- Chicago Bears
- Denver Broncos
- Houston Texans
- Los Angeles Rams
Changes have begun for many of those teams, with the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos having already fired their respective head coaches.
As other teams see their Super Bowl 57 odds removed in Week 17, even more openings may open up.
Have you bet on the Super Bowl at Bovada yet?
In order to provide you with the best independent sports betting news and content LegalSportsBetting.com may receive a commission from partners when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
News tags: Arizona Cardinals | Atlanta Falcons | Baltimore Ravens | Bovada | Buffalo Bills | Carolina Panthers | Chicago Bears | Cincinnati Bengals | Cleveland Browns | Dallas Cowboys | Denver Broncos | Green Bay Packers | Houston Texans | Indianapolis Colts | Kansas City Chiefs | Las Vegas Raiders | Los Angeles Chargers | Los Angeles Rams | Minnesota Vikings | New England Patriots | New York Jets | NFL | Philadelphia Eagles | San Francisco 49ers | Seattle Seahawks
Brett is a passionate sports writer who majored in Sport Management at Florida State University. He combines his knowledge of stats with his understanding of game theory to find the best values when sports betting. Brett enjoys golfing, playing cornhole, and hanging out by the pool when he’s not locked in watching games.