Last updated on: February 23rd, 2024
Legal Indiana Sports Betting
Alongside the local sportsbooks in Indiana, legal Indiana sports betting sites help fill in the gaps for bettors. The books located inside Indiana aren’t licensed to offer in-play and college player prop betting. But, Bovada and other legal sportsbooks for Indiana players permit this action. Indiana has continued to be a major legal sports betting market.
- There are over two dozen sportsbooks in Indiana though anything regulated by the Indiana Gaming Commission comes with restrictions.
- Bovada and other legal IN sportsbooks located overseas are the only ones who accept bets on college player props in Indiana.
Bovada is best sportsbook to bet on college sports in Indiana. They feature no restrictions, unlike the Indiana sportsbooks regulated instate. Find the best prop bets as well as betting lines on the Hoosiers. Bovada is the best online sportsbook in Indiana due to their wager types and deposit methods. If you are a college football or basketball fan, use Bovada in Indiana.
- Easy Sign Up
- Expansive Features
- Endless Prop Bet Odds
- No College Betting Limitations
- Bet With Bitcoin
BetOnline has been one of the premier online sportsbooks in Indiana for a long time, with one of their main reasons being their incredibly eSports betting options. BetOnline has done an excellent job evolving to offer every video game or eSports betting option that Indiana sports bettors could want.
- Reliable Banking Methods
- Strong Server Connection
- 10+ Year Track Record
- Huge Assortment Of Odds
- No App Mobile Betting
MyBookie’s live betting suite is elite among the online sportsbooks in Indiana. MyBookie’s live betting odds are constantly updating, and what may be more impressive than their accuracy is how many they offer. MyBookie seems to have more live betting options than most sportsbooks have sports.
- Huge Player Bonuses
- Consistent Odds
- Easy Interface
- Rapid Live Betting
- Legal In Indiana
SportsBetting is known throughout Indiana for their many depositing and withdrawal options when using their sportsbook. Sportsbetting offers 25 different depositing methods (17 of which are cryptocurrencies!) and 18 withdrawal methods (14 cryptocurrencies!).
- Efficient Site Layout
- Full Mobile Betting Suite
- Available Customer Service
- Trustworthy Banking Options
- Fast Payout Times
Customer safety and loyalty have been the focus at XBet ever since they were founded in 2007. XBet’s company focuses are Reliability, Reputation, and Real fast payouts. Take advantage of all three principles today!
- Worry-free Legal Betting
- Exclusive Bonus Offers
- Constantly Updated Odds
- Premier User Experience
- Full Mobile + Live Betting
Indiana Sports Betting And Gambling Laws
Riverboat gambling is legal alongside Lake Michigan, the Ohio River, and Patoka Lake; moreover, the two-horse racing venues allow for pari-mutuel wagering. The industry’s rules and regulations can be found in Indiana Code § 35-45-5. Sports betting became regulated in 2019 with the passing of HB 1015. After creating rules, Indiana sports betting laws require operators to pay $100,000 each year for their license. Generally speaking, Indiana does a great job of defining and explaining their state sports betting laws. If you have any questions that we haven’t answered, check out the Indiana Gaming Control Division FAQs on their website.
What Can’t I Bet On In Indiana?
There are restrictions at state-regulated Indiana sports betting locations. The IN sportsbook prohibitions come from the Indiana Gaming Commission. Keep in mind, it is not against the law to place these bets but rather for the sportsbook to accept them. The full list of approves sports bets in Indiana may answer your question. Consider using Bovada in Indiana as a legal sportsbook option if the IGC bans your method.
- Live betting during active gameplay
- Collegiate player prop betting
- esports and video game betting
- Events with athletes under 18 years old
Indiana Sports Betting Timeline Of Events
- December 12, 2022 – Indiana sports betting handle sees $10 billion all time since inception.
- February 16, 2022 – Indiana has broken their sport betting handle record in January, with a handle of $500,138,648.
- February 1, 2022 – The Indiana Gaming Commission has approved the Beijing Olympics as a wagerable event in IN.
- May 18, 2021 – Barstool Sportsbook goes live in Indiana just in time for the NBA Playoffs.
- January 13, 2021 – Indiana’s total sports betting handle for 2020 was announced to reach over $1 billion. The final number was $1,236,467,298.
- October 26, 2020 – The Indianapolis Colts signed a deal with William Hill and Caesars Sportsbook, which are now official sports betting partners of the Colts.
- January 24, 2020 – Indiana will launch two more sportsbooks in the form of BetMGM and BetIndiana.
- October 25, 2019 – FanDuel is now officially up in Indiana as a sports betting operator, rather than a DFS provider.
- October 11, 2019 – FanDuel has inked a deal with the Indianapolis Colts that sees the DFS giant become the official DFS partner of the Colts.
- October 4, 2019 – Rush Street Interactive and DraftKings are officially live in Indiana, bringing mobile sports betting to the state.
- September 10, 2019 – The FanDuel Sportsbook at Belterra Casino is officially open and taking sports wagers in Indiana.
- August 29, 2019 – The final regulations on sports betting were approved by the Indiana Gaming Commission.
- July 24, 2019 – The Indiana Gaming Commission released a list of sports that would be approved to wager on, including most of the major sports, but not including esports and high school sports.
- May 9, 2019 – Gov. Eric Holcolmb signs HB 1015 into law, making sports betting regulated in Indiana pending the Indiana Gaming Commission’s rules.
- April 29, 2019 – IN HB 1015 has passed through both the House and the Senate. It now awaits Gov. Eric Holcolmb’s signature.
- April 16, 2019 – In order to resolve differences between the House and Senate versions of sports betting bills, the process of a conference committee will likely be used.
- March 18, 2019 – Indiana lawmakers are set to make a push for sports betting, as a bill surfaced towards the end of the legislative session that could regulate the practice. There are six weeks for the bill to pass.
Bonuses At Indiana Sportsbooks
Getting a bonus at Indiana sports betting sites can be a great way to add money to your bankroll. Each sportsbook’s bonus is different, though. Some IN sportsbook promo offers may be for a free bet, a risk-free wager, or a deposit match. The best Indiana sports betting bonuses come at the sites we recommend.
- Bovada – 75% Match
- BetOnline – 50% Match
- MyBookie – 100% Match
Legal eSports Betting Sites In Indiana
One of the fastest-growing events to bet on throughout the country is eSports, but with Indiana’s state government restricting that bet type, many of us think that eSports betting is illegal. eSports betting in Indiana is in fact legal through the use of top sportsbooks such as Bovada, BetOnline, or MyBookie, with those sites offering odds on live, upcoming, and future eSports in Indiana. It is unknown when or if the eSports betting restriction may be lifted, but with the top internationally regulated sportsbooks available and offering eSports already within Indiana it may not matter.
- Call of Duty
- Rainbow Six
Horse Racing Betting In Indiana
Horse racing betting is a popular hobby in Indiana and is better known as pari-mutuel wagering which is actually not considered a form of gambling. The state authorizes this form of wagering and has two tracks: Hoosier Park located in Anderson and Indiana Grand located in Shelbyville. Both of these tracks offer simulcast racing, have food options, and provide entertainment on the casino floor. Although the racing months are short lived due to weather, this doesn’t have to stop you from betting on horses online as operators we provided are also racebooks. On these sites, you can wager on horses all over the world in just about any race like you would with sporting events.
Daily Fantasy Sports In Indiana
Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) in legal and regulated within the state of Indiana. In 2016, legislators approved Indiana Senate Bill 339 which allowed for operators like DraftKings and FanDuel to continue their contests in the state. DFS allows you to set a lineup of athletes under a certain salary cap and compete against other players all around the world. These operators offer free contests and paid contests costing as little as few pennies and as much a few thousand dollars for entry. DFS has become a very popular hobby in the country as both DraftKings and FanDuel advertise promotions for new members and for referring a new member as well.
Can I Bet Real Money On Sports In Indiana?
Yes, there are a number of outlets to bet real money on sports in Indiana. Indiana is home to land-based sportsbooks, mobile sportsbooks, and has access to legal internet sportsbooks. All platforms to gamble real money on sporting events in Indiana are legal.
What Is The Legal Sports Betting Age In Indiana?
Horse races allow gamblers to be 18+ but the legal sports betting age is 21+ for gambling on sports matchups in Indiana. Internet sportsbooks like Bovada, BetOnline, MyBookie, SportsBetting, and XBet allow players to join their sites at 18 but it’s best to wait until you are 21 before joining to follow the laws set by Indiana.
Indiana Sports Betting Sites
Indiana sports betting apps offer some decent odds for local players. Still, with betting restrictions on college players’ props and the inability to bet outside of Indiana, these sportsbook apps can be limited. Below is a list of active sportsbooks in Indiana.
- Barstool Sportsbook – Partnered with Penn National, Barstool Sportsbook is located at the Hollywood Casino.
- BetAmerica – BetAmerica is powered by SBTech and partners with Rising Star Casino Resort. BetAmerica is one of the smaller major online sports betting brands in the US.
- BetIndiana – Launching in 2022 after several months of delays, BetIndiana is now live in Indiana, the only state in which it has a presence.
- BetMGM – An extension of the brand of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, BetMGM has quickly established a reputation as a top online sports betting option. BetMGM is partnered with the Belterra Casino in Indiana.
- BetRivers – The first mobile sportsbook to launch in Indiana, BetRivers offers great features and a wide selection of betting options. BetRivers online sportsbook is affiliated with French Lick Resort.
- Caesars – The Caesars brand maintains its own online sportsbook rather than partnering with a third-party company. Caesars online sportsbook is partnered with the Caesars Southern Indiana Casino.
- DraftKings Sportsbook – One of the most recognizable sports brands in the country, DraftKings Sportsbook is a rapidly growing force in the market. It is partnered with Ameristar East Casino and is Indiana’s highest-grossing sportsbook.
- FanDuel Sportsbook – Like DraftKings, FanDuel has leveraged its daily fantasy reputation into a lucrative online sports betting portfolio. FanDuel is sponsored with the Blue Chip Casino, and is Indiana’s second highest-grossing sportsbook.
- Hard Rock Sportsbook – Partnered with the Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana, the Hard Rock Sportsbook is now live and accepting bets in Indiana.
- PointsBet – Another sports betting company slated to work with the Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburg. It is unclear how it will work in tandem with the others.
- Rush Street Interactive – Currently located inside of the French Lick Resort, they launch in March 2022 and have an online betting app as well.
- SBK Sportsbook – The partner company to Smarkets, SBK Sportsbook is also partnered with Rising Star Casino. SBK Sportsbook allows players to track other bettors and see who is getting hot.
- Smarkets – Partnered with the Rising Sun Casino Resort in Rising Sun, Smarkets is a betting exchange founded overseas. It is now live in Indiana, and it also has a presence in Colorado.
- TwinSpires – TwinSpires parent company is Churchill Downs, the home to one of the legs of the American Horse Racing Triple Crown. It is best-known for its top-of-the-line racebook, but the company also hosts a sportsbook in Indiana.
- WynnBet – WynnBet gained its sports betting license from the Indiana Gaming Commission and has been offering betting odds since April 1, 2021.
- theScore – Only founded in 2012, theScore has quickly amassed a worldwide monthly user base of almost 4 million people. The company has plans to operate in Indiana but has not yet announced a casino partnership.
- UniBet – Partnered with the Horseshoe Hammond Casino, UniBet has a presence in several states and is now offering its sportsbook to sports bettors of Indiana.
The following companies have not yet launched but plan to launch sometime in the near future.
- FOX Bet – FOX Bet is a newer brand, but its affiliation with the nationwide media giant should help it quickly find its footing. FOX Bet’s casino affiliation hasn’t yet been announced but will likely be the Hollywood Casino.
- Penn Sports Interactive – Slated to partner with the Hollywood Casino. It is unclear if it will work in tandem with FOX Bet or if the two companies will run separate aspects of the casino’s sports betting.
- William Hill – William Hill is one of the top sports betting brands in the entire world. The company already runs the retail sportsbook for the Tropicana Evansville Casino and plans to launch online betting throughout Indiana soon.
- Rush Street Interactive – Rush Street Interactive received approval from Indiana to develop its own sports betting app in May 2020. They currently operate BetRivers sportsbook.
Where Are Legal Sportsbooks In Indiana?
Indiana betting fans have a dozen brick-and-mortar sportsbooks to choose from. No matter which city in Indiana residents are in there is a sportsbook within driving distance. From Indianapolis to Lawrenceburg, at least one casino is live in all the major cities. Those on the outskirts in areas like Gary will find a casino operation within two hours from them. Of course, the closest place to bet is anywhere as legal sports betting sites are available anywhere there is internet service.
|The Book at Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing & Casino The Book at Harrah’s features theater-style seating for dozens of patrons and easy access to a full-service sports bar. Harrah’s is one of the top sports betting brands in the United States, and its Hoosier Park casino provides the same quality of service players have grown to expect.
|Winner’s Circle Pub, Grille, Racing and OTB Parlor Clarksville One of several licensed Winner’s Circle pubs in Indiana that offer a traditional sports bar experience with integrated sports betting. The food and beer are solid, but the winning is better.
East Chicago Sportsbooks
|Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago Sportsbook The Ameristar Casino is a subsidiary of the Hollywood casino chain—one of the largest gambling businesses in the country. Ameristar is located less than a half-hour from downtown Chicago, which makes it the perfect betting location for Chicago sports fans.
|The Book at Caesar’s Southern Casino Caesar’s offers fans the opportunity to reserve a VIP ‘fancave’ to create an unmatched gameday viewing experience for its bettors. Besides that, The Book at Caesar’s is relatively new and still finding its footing in Indiana.
|Belterra Casino Sportsbook The Belterra is located on the southern Indiana border roughly equidistant from Louisville and Cincinnati. It offers scenic views of the Ohio River and full-service sports betting.
French Lick Sportsbooks
|French Lick Casino Sportsbook The sportsbook at the French Lick Casino is on the smaller side, with just a handful of betting windows and self-service kiosks available. The French Lick Casino does offer more TVs than you would expect for such a small sportsbook.
|The Book at Horseshoe Hammond One of seven Ceasars sports betting properties throughout Indiana. Like other Cesar’s properties, it offers spacious theater-style seating with huge LED video boards. It offers eight different betting and over a dozen 85-inch TVs.
|Sportsbook At Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Another Hollywood Casino Property, the Hollywood Lawrenceburg property offers 16 different betting kiosks to help ease crowds. It is located near the intersection of I-275 and U.S. 50 along the Ohio River and features beautiful décor that would look right at home in Buckingham Palace.
|Winner’s Circle Pub, Grille, & OTB Sportsbook One of a handful of licensed Winner’s Circle Pub locations for Caesars Entertainment. It is essentially a high-quality sports bar with integrated sports betting, and it is the only sports betting location in Indianapolis. Clarksville also offers state-of-the-art simulcast racing.
|Harrah’s Hoosier Park Sportsbook
Michigan City Sportsbooks
|Blue Chip Casino Sportsbook The Blue Chip Casino underwent a $165 million renovation in 2005 and is the second-largest casino sportsbook in Indiana. The Blue Chip Casino is located right along the southern shores of Lake Michigan.
New Haven Sportsbooks
|Winner’s Circle Pub, Grille and OTB Parlor The third Caesars Winner’s Circle property is in east Fort Wayne right next to Jury Park. Like the others, it is a traditional sports bar with integrated sports betting on major professional and college sports.
|Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Sportsbook The biggest draw of Indiana Grand is that it offers the only live thoroughbred and quarter horse racing in the state. It also offers a full-service sportsbook with bets available on all major college and professional sports, although it is smaller than some comparable sportsbooks.
What Teams Can I Bet On In Indiana?
Sports enthusiasts have many Indiana sports teams to follow, as the Hoosier State offers a few professional sports teams (like the Indianapolis Colts and the Indiana Pacers) and 10 Division I NCAA programs, including Purdue, Notre Dame, and the Hoosiers. Legal in-state sportsbooks don’t allow full collegiate wagering as they restrict player props. If you’re looking to bet on player props in Indiana, you’ll have to use an online sportsbook. To the plus side, you’re almost certainly going to get lopsided lines on any hometown team at local books, so with online sportsbooks, you don’t have the problem of locals skewing the odds.
Popular Indiana Sports Teams:
|Indianapolis Colts (NFL)
|Indiana Pacers (NBA)
|Indiana Fever (WNBA)
|Ball State Cardinals (D1-MAC)
|Butler Bulldogs (D1-Big East)
|Evansville Purple Aces (D1-Missouri Valley)
|Indiana Hoosiers (D1-Big Ten)
|Indiana State Sycamores (D1-Missouri Valley)
|IUPUI Jaguars (D1-Horizon)
|Notre Dame Fighting Irish (D1-ACC)
|Purdue Boilermakers (D1-Big Ten)
|Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (D1-Horizon)
|Valparaiso Beacons (D1-Missouri Valley)
|Indianapolis Greyhounds (D2-Great Lakes Valley)
|Purdue Northwest Pride (D2-GLIAC)
|Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles (D2-Great Lakes Valley)
|Anderson Ravens (D3-HCAC)
|DePauw Tigers (D3-North Coast)
|Earlham Hustlin’ Quakers (D3-HCAC)
|Franklin Grizzlies (D3-HCAC)
|Hanover Panthers (D3-HCAC)
|Manchester Spartans (D3-HCAC)
|Rose-Hulman Fightin’ Engineers (D3-HCAC)
|St. Mary’s Belles (D3-Michigan)
|Trine Thunder (D3-Michigan)
|Wabash Little Giants (D3-North Coast)
Best Indiana Sportsbooks For Betting On College Sports
Whether you want to bet on the Indiana Hoosiers or the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, there are options available. Betting on both schools’ basketball, football, baseball, or other programs is easy. Bovada, MyBookie, and BetOnline are the three best college sports betting sites accepting Indiana residents in 2024, with no restrictions on betting on game lines, futures, or even player props. Check out our full pages below:
How To Bet On The Indiana Pacers
Betting on the Indiana Pacers has never been easier in 2024, with plenty of great betting sites available to all residents over the age of 18. Whether you want to bet on game lines, player props, or the Pacers’ future odds to win the NBA Finals, Bovada is one of the best NBA betting sites out there. To start betting on Indiana, Bovada accepts crypto and credit/debit card deposits, with up to $750 in bonus credits up for grabs to new players.
Pacers Previous Odds To Make The Playoffs
- 2023-24 +120 (TBD)
- 2022-23 +2500 (Miss)
- 2021-22: -165 (Miss)
- 2020-21: -175 (Miss)
- 2019-20: -750 (Make)
- 2018-19: -800 (Make)
- 2017-18: +440 (Make)
- 2016-17: -400 (Make)
- 2015-16: -130 (Make)
Indianapolis Colts Odds In Indiana
Find NFL betting odds on the Indianapolis Colts all year long at Bovada, BetOnline, and MyBookie. During the regular season, you will find live betting odds for every single Sunday and constantly updated futures on the Colts’ playoff chances and Super Bowl odds. In order to make the most educated bets possible, check out their past betting trends:
Colts Past ATS Records
- 2023: 9-8
- 2022: 6-11
- 2021: 10-7
- 2020: 9-8
- 2019: 7-7-2
- 2018: 9-8-1
Colts Past Over/Under Records
- 2023: 11-6
- 2022: 7-10
- 2021: 8-9
- 2020: 10-7
- 2019: 9-7
- 2018: 8-10
Colts Previous Win Totals
- 2023: 6.5 (Over)
- 2022: 10 (Under)
- 2021: 9 (Push)
- 2020: 9.5 (Over)
- 2019: 7.5 (Under)
- 2018: 7.5 (Over)
- 2017: 8 (Under)
- 2016: 9 (Under)
- 2015: 10.5 (Under)
How To Bet On The Indy 500
The Indy 500 has been the most prestigious event in NASCAR since its inception back in 1911. 2023 saw Josef Newgarden win the Indianapolis 500 with +1600 odds. When using offshore betting sites that take Indiana players, it is never too early to bet on the Indy 500.
|Indy 500 winner
|Juan Pablo Montoya(+700)
Playing Online Casinos In Indiana
Playing at an online casino in Indiana offers some of the same if not more than the land-based casinos have to offer and also have proven to be very convenient. First off, you won’t have to deal with any crowdedness as all you have to do is choose your favorite casino game and begin playing. In terms of the games that they offer, each of the online casinos in Indiana have hundreds of slot games to choose from and all of your favorite table games as well.
Indiana Online Slot Machines
- Amigos Fiesta
- Dragons Siege
- Arrogant Pirates
- Leprechaun Legends
- Mythic Wolf
Indiana Digital Table Games
- Let It Ride
- Three Card Poker
- Oasis Poker
- Roll The Dice
- Pow Gow Poker
Live Dealer Games In Indiana
- Super 6
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
Online Indiana Poker Rooms
Online poker rooms in Indiana act as one of the most convenient options to choose from when playing poker in the state. This comes as you won’t have any wait times when looking to play regardless of the poker game you are choosing. There are always seats available at these sites and you can choose from an endless amount of cash games, weekly tournaments, and much more. Going even further than some of the land-based poker rooms, the online options have some incredible promotions that you won’t find in person.
Legal Indiana Sports Betting FAQs
Is Online Sports Betting Safe In Indiana?
Whether using mobile and internet applications offered by Indiana or legal online operators, gambling online is always safe. These businesses make sure to use the highest quality software for security to keep all customer information safe in Indiana.
Can I Bet On Sports With My Friends In Indiana?
Yes, there are no laws that prohibit people in Indiana from betting on sports with their friends. That’s how the term “friendly wager” was coined in the first place.
Can I Legally Bet On The NFL In Indiana?
Yes, betting on professional football is Indiana sportsbooks’ largest moneymaker. NFL betting is the most popular sport to wager on legally in Indiana.
Can I Wager On March Madness In Indiana?
March Madness is a huge deal for Indiana sports bettors. Tons of wagers come through Indiana sports betting operators every March because Indiana loves college basketball and the biggest tournament held for it each year.
Can I Join More Than One Sportsbook In Indiana?
Yes, it’s encouraged to be a member of more than one sportsbook in Indiana. Shopping lines is the best way for gamblers to find the wagers they want to place that will win them the largest payouts.